Do you think this is a valid breakup reason?

"its the wrong timing"

or "it was working before because i didn't have work and uni, now i have both and i can't have you work and uni, because i can't give you the time you deserve'

is this a valid breakup reason?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. If you like a girl you will find a way to make it work. He's probably dating someone else.

• Well I met up with him a month after our breakup and would he have still met up with me if he was dating another girl? Though the week before he told me he wanted me to sleep over every week... and it was genuine

• well i guess mhmm

• he also was crying when we broke up and was like i hardly ever cry over anything, so i guess he felt something strong in the relationship?

What Guys Said 4

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Saying "Wrong Timing" Is Not A Good Excuse, More Than Likely Somebody Caught Their Eye, A Person That Says They can't Go To School, Have A Job, & Give You Time That Can Be Looked At In Two Ways. One, They Could Be Taking Your Feelings Into Consideration Or Two, They Are Using It As An Excuse To End The Relationship...

• Yes, that's a valid reason. Education and financial stability are pretty much necessities today and if you can't make enough time for the person then the relationship simply won't work. You're probably saving both of you time and trouble.

• No, If you love each other you should support each other

• Absolutely. Girls often don't realise what time-sinks they are, and think there's nothing wrong with demanding to take the first place in a guys list of priorities.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends... I mean i find it hard to believe that someone will break up with the love of their life who they adore over any such reason. If I'm in love with a guy for real and love him super much then no obstacle in this world is going to keep me from wanting to be with him unless he broke up with me of course. That's one obstacle I can't do anything about. But in general I just think someone is bullshitting the other by giving a excuse like that. Nothing can come between true love imo.

• good point thats what i think as well i mean it is a factor in the reasoning but not the whole reasoning. i also have another question for you, my friend keeps on saying like 'its good you and him broke up'. i mean maybe im overracting but it sounds so suss to me...

• Maybe she's trying to be positive and not negative about it. She wants to help you realize that it's not the end of the world and that in the long run it could have been a good thing when you meet someone new and 10x better.

• mhm maybe.. thanks for your help :)

• It is a VERY valid reason. Go have some fun girl... AFTER hitting YouTube and listening to "Silver Lining" by Garfunkel and Oates.

• I would be okay with being broken up with for this reason. Education and finances are important and if you are unable to give someone the proper time needed in any relationship it ends up as a problem. Hope this helped.