How can I dump this guy I'm talking to without hurting his feelings?

This guy that I met a few days ago wants to go out with me and he seems like a sweet guy but the problem is, I want to go out with someone else that is more attractive. How can I tell him that I don't want to go out with him and we should be friends instead without him getting hurt?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh my...
    You mind as well just completely get rid of him RIGHT NOW; no guy likes being friend zoned and this guy will be 100% unsatisfied with the parasitic friendship.
    Also the fact that you are going after the more attractive person, ouch; why are you even dating?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Don't bullshit around. Tell him that you just aren't that into him or he really isn't your type. If you are up front about it then he will most likely get over it quickly and move on. If you beat around the bush then he will try to "win" you back.

plus I just want to say that its really shallow of you to want another guy then the one you have because of looks.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Its Not Possible To Not Hurt His Feelings If He Truly Loves & Care About You, But If You Feel That Way Just Communicate...

0|0
    0|1
  • You can't. Telling him you just want to be friends actually causes more damage than being direct about why you don't like him. I know this from experience.

You cannot, under any circumstance, tell anyone "I don't like you that way" without hurting their feelings. It's just not possible.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, and you're after someone "more attractive"? You're too immature to date anyway.

• tell him you just value the friendship you both have and you don't want to see him as anything more than that.

0|0
    0|1
  • Juz tell him that ur seeeing sumone else or u have a bf. eitherway is gonna hurt. there's no nice way to not hurt sumone who is in luv with u.

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 3

• Unfortunately, there is no nice way to do it. You don't need to tell him that you have someone else in mind (that will hurt him) but you have to be absolutely clear that all you expect from him is friendship. Don't lead him on in any circumstance, that's the worse you can do for him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask him "we are just friends, right?" That's what I always do

0|0
    0|1
  • Tell him that there are other girls that he can relate with more and that you are just not meant to be with him...

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes