I want to break up with my bf?

it is OK to break up with my guy because of the following reasons?
he doesn't introduce me to anyone as his gf, not even his friends
he makes me lose confident, and think less of myself
he doesn't take anything i say seriously
he doesn't respect me enough
i have complained about this so many times but its still the same... but i have to add, apart from all this, he is sweet, calls me all the time, and we sometimes travel for weekends out of our town.

i really need your help, what do u suggest i do?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• have you tried to communicate with him rather than "complain"? like have you just told him how his behavior makes you feel and ask him to try and change a few things?

aside from that (particularly the respect issue and loss of confidence) it sounds like you probably just jus tbreak up with him.

What Guys Said 4

• It's okay to break up with someone for literally any reason.

As long as you're doing it because you're done with him, and not because you're hoping it will change him, because it won't.

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, If You Told Him & He Still Hasn't Changed, Then Its Time To Move On, Just Leave Him Alone & Find A Man That Respects You. Dont Settle For Him When There Are Plenty Of Single Guys Out There Ready To Treat You Right, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

• thanks so much, that was most helpful

• "he makes me lose confident, and think less of myself
    he doesn't respect me enough"

These are basically buzzwords and convey us near-zero information whatsoever. You should note something SPECIFIC, like a specific concrete occurrence.

• End of the day, you don't need a reason to break up with anyone. If you want to do it, do it!

What Girls Said 3

• It shouldn't be that hard considering that you aren't really together anyway (according to him)

• Yes, this sounds like a toxic relationship, and you need to leave as fast as possible. It doesn't matter how sweet he seems, they all do that to get you to stick around.

• If you want to break up with him then no matter what reason if you're unhappy just do it!
    if he hasn't told or mentioned to anyone your together then he clearly isn't interested in a relationship.

• yes, i guess are right, thanks