Girlfriend broke up with me for another guy, calls a month later saying she's confused, not over me, regretful but still with the new guy?

Hey everyone, my girlfriend of 4yrs we were eachothers first love, my girlfriend broke up with me 5wks ago and left me for a guy she met on vacation in which they spent the week together. After the usual begging/chasing she told me I'm wasting my time bc her and this new guy are in love and he's actually moving to her state to move in together and visited her right after the vacation and spent the 3 weeks there. She called me back two days later saying she was confused, not sure if she made right choice and she wasn't over me but tried to convince herself she was and couldn't really be in love with him that quick. She said that they are still together though and taking it slow and not going to move in together and hopes she won't regret her decision forever bc she said she knew we were both truly in love bs , I told her she hurt me to much and we shouldn't be talking right now. I stupidly called her two days later and she said she was being stupid by calling me and that her and this new guy are in "love" and he's permentaly moving to her state and she doesn't want anything to do with me.

Why would she call me and say all that confusion/regret/love BS only to say two days later they are in "love" and moving in together?

she did it to 'get back in touch' to only to feed her ego by seeing if she can still hurt and manipulate me. she will drop hints that she still wants me, to see how I react. and if she senses that she's got me, it will trigger a sense of satisfaction

34

Most Helpful Guy

• She's a worthless piece of... Just be thankful the cow left you whilst you are still young, she's obviously not worth anything. Ended a 4 year relationship for a guy she met. It isn't love, she was just bored of you, and thinks the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

Move on, I really feel for you, the pain must be unbearable. My ex dumped me recently and started going out with the guy she was "just friends" with. Planned to go and visit him in his own country which is a completely different culture (relationship will not last) whilst she was with me. I gave her my heart, I made her feel like a princess, and instead of trying to connect with me, she sabotaged everything to take the easy route out. I feel so heartbroken as everything with her was a complete waste. But on the upside, there have been a few benefits to my breakup. I've now kicked myself, and changed myself a bit, become a better person, and I strive to be incredibly successful soon as I'm setting out to prove that I will always be better than my stupid ex and her boyfriend, and make her regret her choice to breakup with me as she leads a mediocre life.
    I took a chance yesterday and sent a message to an absolutely gorgeous and incredibly nice girl telling her straight that I used to fancy her, and if she'd like to go and get drinks sometime. Turns out it paid off since she agreed which I thought she wouldn't respond to since she is incredibly shy and timid. She literally is stunning, and blasts my ex out the water, considering my ex was quite pretty herself.

Anyway, that is my little story that is ongoing. I'm waiting for the day my ex calls me up regretting her choice as she realises no guy will go to the same effort that I went to for her, treat her as I did, and love her as much as I did. You will find someone better than your ex eventually. I wish you all the best bud.

What Girls Said 3

• Congrats on dodging the bullet. Tell that bitch to lose your number, she's going to need it eventually.

• Her loss, it sounds like. Hindsight is 20/20, and sometimes you don't realize what you had until it's gone.

• I completely agree and hope so but why would she say all that only to say two days later they are in "love" and moving in together and not to contact her?

• Because she likely wants some sort of melodramatic response from you, like begging her to come back. She must really like attention. Just don't. Let her own her choice.

• The best revenge is to let her see that you've moved on and are just fine.

• It's because of what you said to her, she wanted you to tell her you wanted her back and everything but you didn't do that so when you called her back, she knew you thought about it and wanted to show you that she can do the same thing you did to her, but even "better". You deserve someone better, not someone who will play with your feelings without even being sure of hers.

• I think she just wanted to know if she still had me as back up, bc why do you think she would say two days later that she is in love with this new guy and moving in together? Do you think she could really be in love with him so quick and what does it say about them moving in together already?

• Us girls, love knowing that someone loves/wants us, that's why she called you, she wanted to feel wanted. She obviously isn't in love with that other guy, she just wanted some change, she might've gotten bored of you, maybe you weren't giving her enough attention and the other guy was giving her a lot of it, making her feel special and wanted. You can't know what is the real reason she did this, but whatever the reason is, but whatever it is, it's not a good enough reason to do this, you deserve someone better, that will love you no matter what and won't go look elsewhere.

What Guys Said 3

• She doesn't know what she wants. But she'll use you as a safety net if she thinks she can. People usually back step or revert to what is familiar to them.

You guys had what you had, be grateful for that, now it's time to let her go and move on. I wouldn't entertain any type of contact with her especially if you're feeling vulnerable.

• Thx, I'm sure your right. I'm staying no contact. Seems like she just did it to make herself feel more comfortable and guilt free before she took the next step with him, them moving in together and saying their in love after a month is all going to come crashing down soon.

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, She Is Confused & Need To Cut Her Off, She Is With A New Guy, She didn't Take Your Feelings Into Consideration So Move On. She Says She Is Confused But Still Remains With That Guy, It May Be Tough But Just Cut Her Off & Over Time You Will Feel Better & Be Able To Move On. Find Something To Take Your Mind Off Her, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

• Cut that bitch out of your life.