Troubles with an ex. need help or will it go away when I date again?

so im still in love. we were together for 3 months. she was my first kiss. took my virginity. I lived with her for a month. then she leaves me and said that she had lost feelings two months ago and didn't know how to break it to me... I don't know how one just loses feelings but... I barely think about her but when I do I cut myself and wanna kill myself... id take her back in an instant. but she hasn't come around to thinking of giving me another chance yet... id really like to date but will these feelings just go away? my friends think so because she was my first and that's why I was in love. but I don't know help?

11

What Girls Said 1

• Let me just say that you were together for three months, and you lived with her for 1 month? Kind of a red flag in a relationship.

You both moved way to quickly in this relationship which had thus made you two go separate ways.

You shouldn't cut yourself and want to kill yourself over a girl. There are many fish in the sea, and many of them would be extremely lucky to be with you. Everyone has their own unique self inside of them. To honestly break it to you, you won't be able to get back with her. She has probably already started talking to other guys since it has been two months since she said she lost the feelings for you.

She saw the real you, and she just didn't think that was her cup of tea. That's okay, shit happens, but it shouldn't be something that you would think to kill yourself over or self harm.

I advise some possible therapy concerning the suicidal thoughts and self harm, and to take a break for a while to collect yourself.

Good luck with everything. xoxo

• well the thing is she pushed everything to be quicker... she is already dating another. and I've had suicidal thoughs and cut myself since 2nd grade. I stopped for her and she stopped for me. but now its worse. I've also developed a small drinking problem. I rarely drink but when I do I drink WAY too much.

• You both played a role in how the relationship moved so quickly. She may have initiated it, but you could have stopped it. That totally sounded like a targeted insult, but it wasn't!

You just need to sit back and relax. Take a break from the reality and focus on school, work, or whatever it is that you regularly do. Do you and you only at this moment. I suggest slowing the roll with the alcohol, it's an problem that can escalate extremely quick, and it can be very hard to get rid of.

Jut keep your head up, and your dreams higher. You'll achieve much more, and you'll find the girl that you can seriously consider spending the rest of your life with.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, You Moved Too Fast In The Relationship, Never Move In With Somebody Until You Actually Get To Know Them, Stop Cutting Yourself, Its Never That Serious, A Break-Up Is Tough, LOTS Of People Go through It. Start Doing The Old Things You Use To Do To Help You With The Process. Your Running High On Emotions, Cut All Contact & Move On, Stay Positive & Keep Your Head Held High...