Im trying to reestablish my friendship with my ex wife. She won't talk to me unless it involves our son. I miss her so much. I want her as a friend?

Honestly I want her back so bad. I feel that if I can start as her friend it will help her realize how good we were together. We used to have so much fun. She used to think I was so funny and we coulf talk all night. Now I can barely get a response out of her. How can I get her to want tobe friends so we can build from there? she's hasn't filed separation papers after 6 months of being apart. Can anyone help

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this sounds terrible, but she's your ex wife for a reason. I was so in love with my ex. I thought we were going to grow old together, and then one day, out of the blue, he said he wanted to be independent. So we broke up. Then he went to China and fell in love with a girl and is still dating her. I never thought I would move on. And now it's been two years. I realize now how controlling he was and how I deluded myself, and how he never accepted me for who I was. Time heals everything. I saw him the other day and I felt nothing. All that amazing chemistry we had, all that passion was gone. Even if it seems impossible, I promise you'll get over it. You won't forget it, but you'll emotionally move on.

What Girls Said 3

• I have seen couples get back together after years of being apart it might just take some time for her to see just how much she truly misses you as long as she hasn't found some one else yet? I know me and my man have had some time apart and him just being there for me and the baby ( im 6months pergo ) helped me see that he would be the best dad I could ever find even after everything he still trys to call even when I don't answer or I ignore his calls. he asks hows the baby, hows everything going and crap so maybe you should just not give up and keep trying she will see soon just how much you care because you never gave up.

• Why did you seperate? I think if you are married and especially with a baby, you should never give up on the Marriage. Unless its a big reason like cheating.
    Couples these days tend to just let go of things once there's trouble or you get tired of each other instead of working on it.

• Maybe she found someone else?

• I've been wondering if she found someone. I flat out asked her and said I just want her to be happy and if that's with another guy that's ok. She said after a little pushing that their isn't anybody else.

• She's probably fallen out of "love" with you.

What Guys Said 2

• Move forward with your life. Better yourself in every way you ever spoke to her or dreamed about. Be the best dad on the planet and do right by your son. Never say a bad thing about her to anyone. When you see her, don't pry or ask about things that will tick her off. Don't contact her ever unless it pertains to your son and is absolutely necessary.

There's no guarantee, but if you want any kind of chance this is a good start. Maybe, just maybe, later on down the line she'll remember the good she saw in you in the first place. Good luck brotha.

• Thanks man. I think thats the best advice anyone has given me in months. I truly appreciate that.

• Why Did you split?

• Long story short she said it was because I took her for granted. I lost my job cuz I have ptsd from Afghanistan. I saw this guy slap his girlfriend in the parking lot at work. So I whupped his ass and got arrested and got fired. When I got out of jail She left with my son.

• Im really not sure. I wish she would just say yes so I could move on. Im just stuck in love with her until I know she had moved on. Does it sound like she has moved on? Thats probably the question I should have asked

• I don't know. I don't know her, I don't know the full details of what you did, nor do I know how long you were in jail. Her not filing separation papers is a good sign IMO. I guess, try to talk to her, but don't be pushy about it. Be patient.