How Do I Get Over My Breakup with Long Term Boyfriend? Please help?

I recently experienced a terrible break up with a long time boyfriend. I would say it was a solid 10 on the hurt scale. I honestly have cried for the past 3 or 4 days and I'm still extremely upset about it. How can I get over this? Please please PLEASE help me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's understanding to most that you have an attachment toward your ex since you have been with him for so long.
    If it has happened recently, it is ok to
    Cry about it and release out the pain.
    Talk to a close friend about your deep hurt emotions.
    Get a journal and write down your thoughts.
    It's ok to feel the way that you do but you have to tell yourself after that to move on so you can be happy and confident.
    Go do fun things that you have wanted to do but never did.
    Work on your hobbies and goals. Strive to be a better you!
    Hang out with your friends and family.
    Practice being confident being single for the tune being.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Break-Ups Are Tough, But No Matter What You Do, You Must Remember You Must Give It Time, Right Now Your Running High On Emotions, Allow Those Emotions To Die Down, Cut All Contact & Dont Reply Back To Anything He Says, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0
  • Best advice I've seen on this comes from an old female friend of mine:

To get over someone, get under someone new. ;)

Hormones are pretty wonderful things, and your body can take action where your brain is muddled.

0|0
    0|0
  • just take your time with it and work through your feelings/emotions. time will help heal but its not going to be instant. I will advise you to be proactive though, easier said than done but what else can I say? hahaa:D

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya. This is what you do. You go take a piece of paper, Name the paper after your boyfriend, Then crumble the paper into a ball and then go throw the piece of paper away. Wash your hands and go relax :D

0|0
    0|0
  • To get over such a relationship, I suggest a practical approach.

First, it's ok to grieve. It's ok to be upset. Give yourself permission to have these feelings. Listen to sad songs, eat a ton of ice cream, cry into your pillow. Let these emotions out. They won't last forever.

Second, try to analyze what went wrong with the relationship. Understand at your age, neither of you are very experienced in them, so it's normal that there isn't anything that went wrong. However, reflect on what happened and make adjustments as necessary.

Third, be good to yourself. Take the time that you were with the boyfriend and occupy it with something that makes you feel good. Whether it's volunteering at the animal shelter, learning a new hobby - whatever.

Lastly, understand that for most of us, most of our relationships fail. Of ALL the relationships I had, only one can be labeled as a success.

0|0
    0|0
  • Delete all contacts, and temporarily deactivate your fb for a week or two... Don't text him or call him.. Go out with your girlfriends and have some fun, don't take any advices from your single girlfriends.. Soon you'll realize that you deserve someone so much better, that's how I got over my ex girlfriend of two years.. It's hurts like hell but I promise you'll feel better soon.. When my ex and I broke up, I couldn't sleep, I lost my appetite, it's gonna feel like you can't survive without them, but just think back to before you met him. You'll realize you'll be fine... I hope you find someone who deserves you and doesn't break your heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • what happened? figure it out and fix mistakes (if possible) and try to get him back (if possible) or find another guy (which is highly possible)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• how long have you been together?
    3 or 4 days is still too soon, but try to keep super busy.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes