How do you rekindle a friendship with an ex?

She broke up with me more than two months ago. The first month we talked on and off but were fighting. She wanted to be friends at the time but I didn't. I needed time to move on and focus on other things. My life is way better now but i miss the friendship we had before we dated. I am still going to hold off for a bit, but i was wondering how in the future i could go about trying to talk to her again?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Well just message her and say hi, ask how she is etc and see if she wants to chat. Go slow and start building up your friendship from there. If she wanted to be friends after you guys broke up I think she would still want to be friends now. I can't see why that would change :)

What Girls Said 2

• You have to give it time. Honestly its probably never going to be quite the same. I think you have to sorta leave it up to time and situation. Sometimes these things work out well and sometimes they don't. there is no magic formula. If she moves into a new relationship the friendship may be hard to maintain. just give it time...

• Go as urself and be nice act like her friend and not her boyfriend if u guys fight u be the bigger person and let he calm down if u don't agree on sumtin listen to what she has to say then give ur opinion but don't be rude with it just have faith and best way to get over her go and hang wit ur friends and have a night out go wit ur friends and have fun get ur mind loose ok

What Guys Said 2

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, The Only Way You Can Do That Is Just Communicate, If She Is Short, Cold, Distant, Not Really Responsive Then You Know She Has No Interest In Being Friends & You Should Chalk It Up As A Loss But Of Course If She Is The Opposite, Go For It & Continue Talking To Her, Just Hope She Feels The Same, Stay Positive & Stay Strong...

• Most people can't be friends with their ex, however I know of couples who are good friends with their ex. I suppose it depends on how you guys broke up ( good note, bad note). I guess in the mean time you should just focus on your thing and catch up with her when you have your life figured out. She ain't going anywhere. Basically just don't ignore her because it would make her to think that you want her out of your world.