Has anyone ever tried to make it work with a severely bipolar partner?

so i had the final straw and broke up with my gf tonight.. she picks a fight every night accusing me of cheating or being insensitive.. always talked about her exes and called me a bastard for having dinner with a group of coworkers tht included girls i was friends with... it thought at first she was just stressed but as we dated longer and longer she really was just a (pardon my french) cunt... i offered to do therapy never raised my voice to her took care of her.. im not some pushover i set respectable boundaries but she didn't want to hear anything but her own way... then five seconds later she's the best girlfriend u could ask for funny sweet affectionate reasonable sexual appetite.. then five seconds later again she's mad... how do i love someone who wants to see me broken?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• This isn't quite the same but, my friend is trying to make it work with her schizophrenic boyfriend and it's pretty hard for her because he honestly relies on her and if she ignores a text by accident next thing you know she's getting a call from the hospital saying he tried to kill himself again! He's completely all over the place with his emotions and sometimes he's the sweetest guy and other times he's out of control to the point of terrifying! She manages to make it work though and I'm going to point out that she's 15 on top of all this! The difference is that she makes him go to therapy and take meds to keep it controlled, so if you could do that then it might work but, it's really just hard and complicated most of the time. Wow that answer sucked and was alllll over the place sorry!

• wow that is inspiring