My ex boyfriend and I shared many mutual friends including "couple" friends. How can I stay friends with these friends?

My ex boyfriend and I had an intense year and a half relationship. I became pregnant and tragically lost the baby. At the end of our relationship my ex openly cheated on me. Things were nasty, awkward, and messy between us. I never asked friends to choose sides. However, several months later our "couple" friends are now socializing with him and his new girlfriend. This is hurtful and impacts my friendships with these couples. These people were close, personal friends and now I cannot socialize with them. I don't understand why they would be friends with someone like him (self centered, egotistical, mean, immature). Should I talk to them about this, am I being to sensitive, should I just let these once important relationships go?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been there and done that, if the couple friends were his friends first you may want to let them go... It's just going to cause bad blood and turn into a big shit sandwich and start a ton of drama. If they are truly "your" friend they will contact you and be active in your life.

• They do contact but I usually re neg on plans because I feel so uncomfortable, We met them together at the same time

• If I were you I would not sweat it, especially if you feel uncomfortable. You can not let someone else dictate your feelings. I would eliminate myself from the equation.

Most Helpful Girl

• oh god I wish I could rate this question like we before on old version of this site I would give it all the stars... good question

usually the friends take sides... it just happens