I have this ex who I loved a lot, she broke up with me and I can't seem to love anyone else in the same way as I loved her... Help?

I started liking her 2 years after I told her, after 3 months of flirting and online chatting she asked me out in person after breaking up with her previous boyfriend 3 days before, oblivious I said yes to the proposal, after about one week of hugging, holding hands and telling her she was going to be the first and last girlfriend I was gonna have, she said she wasn't really interested in mein the first place and felt sorry for me, I cried a bit sure, but after the brake up I continued what I was doing before, flirting and chatting, then it came to a point where I was becoming depressed, I asked her out one last time to go out with me after 3 weeks of the same routine, she said no and said she was gonna stay friends with me. After all that a lot and I mean a lot of drama happened with her, depressing stuff I dont wanna go into, anyways, I stopped seeing her cause each time I got close to her I either ended up angry or depressed. So its been 8 months since that day and I haven't found anyone To love again like I loved her... Help? (Additional info: I am 14. I am a guy. and im quite introverted myself and I do not go outside often, i tend to stay indoors and either draw, listen to music or play games with friends)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You were 14. You are going to go through a lot of changes. Couple more years and you'll turn into a young man. But for now you've lost a good friend and it hurts. It's hard not to text her and get her attention. Self control is only learned with time. Best advise i can give is find maybe a new hobbies... get really involved in an activity you enjoy. Leave your phone at home and go out. Doing this helps you enjoy the day more and with time heal. You'll find love again. Happens when you're not looking. But to do so a girl wants to see you motivated about something and not sulking. Make yourself shine. Be great and enjoy time being solo.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for that, it really made me smile, although i don't speak with her anymore ill try and do some of the things you suggested, and ill only do some of them because id like to take things slowly, one step at a time ya know? :) Anyways, thanks :D

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• okay if you love her you will deal and stay by her side weather she's depressed or weather it makes u angry you will do anything to make her happy and being by a girl side through all that is important to a girl next time stay in it no matter how hard it gets because this girl does not deserve to go threw a lot by herself she needs someone there for her this is why people wanna cause sucide or hurt themself because they feel alone thats why it is important you stay by her side hun her life is not your drama i think if anything she would want you there for her to listen and to be there when she needs a shoulder to cry on thats love and for her dating you because she felt sorry then i would have never dated her cause clearly she was not as accepting toward u and everything that came with you so any girl who can't accept you for you then you shouldn't be with she caused more hurt to you and thats what made you angry and depressed she's to into her reputation and what people think but i betcha half of her friends aren't true friends because of that u need to date a girl that is happy with you for being you she seemed to just bring you down and lower your self esteem just because its been done by her in her past relationships she doesn't respect you then respect her enough to move on and find better for yourself hun

0|1
    0|0
    • I did most of that after we broke up like comforting her when people insulted her, telling her id be there if she needed help and doing the best i could so she wouldn't inflict self harm again, and by drama i meant a lot of stuff making me grow to dislike her as a person. Which grew us apart, making me stop talking to her. Anyways, thanks for helping it really made my day :D

• I think your great guy she's just not the girl for you hun and your welcome u deserve to be happy smile :) have a great day hun

• Give yourself more time, hopefully your feelings will fade and then you'll meet someone that makes her pale in comparison. Good luck

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks dude, you've given me hope in a hopeless situation and that means a lot, thanks! :)

• Hey you're welcome. I've been there, so I know how it is. Getting over someone that you loved that much is very hard but you gotta keep on keepin on. Perfect opportunity to treat yourself and explore what you want.

What Guys Said 2

• You'll find a better girl. Trust me. You're only 14 so you're still really young. There's a ton of awesome girls out there and that girl doesn't sound that great by the way you described her... you can do better.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks a lot, I just started to feel like no one could match up to her and if they did they would never touch me with a 10 foot stick but now i see that see wasn't even that great, like I've said to most people here, Thanks :D

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Your Fourteen, Your First Mistake Is Thinking Every Girl You Get Start Dating Will Be The One You End Up With, Stop Thinking That, She Probably Left You Because You Got Too Clingy, But Over Time You Will Feel Better, Just Give It Time & Stop Looking At Every Girl As Your Potential Wife (No Matter How Pretty She Is) Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0
    • Its true at the time I did think that my first would be my last but the rest is actually untrue, its almost the opposite really, I had two leg casts casts on at the time meaning I couldn't go out for break/Lunch/Recess, and since that I hardly saw her at all, although she did come see me once when she came back from a school trip, but all what happened is hugging and talking like usual, and tbh, I'm not a player so I'm not trying to bone every girl I see, although I just thought that its a little weird due to how fast people around me overcome their girlfriends and found someone else so easily so I felt really worried so I posted this. Thanks for your opinion and advice though it helps. :)

Recommended myTakes