Why do I feel so upset and jealous when I don't feel for her anymore?

My ex-girlfriend is now dating my best friend. I told both of them I didn't mind as long as she was happy. Besides I have my own girlfriend... But seeing them together is just bringing my sex drive low and I don't even want to have sex with my girlfriend or I'll feel sick. I know I don't have feelings for her because I left her due to me not having any feelings anynore after a year of dating. I don't know what it is. When he touches her or we go on double dates I feel depressed and angry. My girlfriend even called me out and said I stare at her too much. She even gave me a second chance. Why do I keep acting like this? Its not like I still love her or anything when I dumped her.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Even though you don't love her doesn't mean you aren't over her completely. It takes time to get over the fact that the person you use to love isn't this big part of your life anymore. You probably still need time to get over her. You know you are truly over the person when e. g. you hear a song that reminds you of your time with the person without it hurting anymore.

Don't be too hard on yourself. At the same time it isn't fair to your current gf that you are like this. Maybe don't hang out with your friend as much when she is around. And tell him that even though you and your ex aren't together anymore it's still weird when she's around so he can be more mindful in not bringing her home when you are there etc. I mean after all your best friend is going out with your ex! So he should respect your wish.

What Girls Said 3

• Just because you think you are over somebody does not mean that you are. sometimes love is passive and not active which means you can have buried feelings for somebody that you don't experience at a conscious level. I think that is what is happening with you. I think you should go back to her because you still like her.

• I alwayyysss felt like that with my ex boyfriend. I left him. But it took me over a year and a half to stop worrying about who he was with and to stop missing him. It's normal. You'll want her back or get jealous on occasions. Those will pads eventually. Only time.. only time.

• It seems natural to feel this way. That's a tough situation. Most of the time you can move on and not see the ex again but perhaps you should distance yourself from them for now

• Impossible my best friend is my room mate.

• That sounds really difficult. I don't think I could deal with thst

What Guys Said 2

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, You Might Not Love Her But The Feelings Are Still There, If It Bothers You So Much, Stop Going On Double Dates & Stop Hanging Around Her. Your Feelings Are Still Strong & You Need To Back Away, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

• Well it's sort of human nature to want what we don't have. Now that your ex-girlfriend is dating your best friend and she's off-limits, you probably want her again. I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like. Try to enjoy what you have.