My boyfriend broke up with me last night because we have nothing in common. Which I'm really confused about?

My boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me last night. Things in our relationship seemed great up until last Wednesday when he became stressed at work. His reasoning for the break up is that we have nothing in common.
I'm very confused by this because I thought we had a fair bit in common. We had plans to go ziplining, to the museum, the waterpark, camping, a soccer game. All of which i though we were both excited about doing. We also have a very similar taste in tv shows, movies, music.
This is my first relationship and i'm just really upset/confused as to where this came from and if there was something i could do that would either fix things or to avoid it in the future. Part of me really wishes we had talked before he decided that we needed to break up (maybe worked things out) or at least i had more of an idea behind what caused the break up.
Any advice anyone could give me is greatly appreciated

01