Do guys tend to break up with girls that get hit on a lot?

I was seeing a guy who left me for no reason. He told me several times that im the best thing that has ever came into his life and he is so lucky and how he loves me. I've gotten hit on several times while we were dating and he always got pissed off and jealous when it happened. He broke up with me and two weeks later got into a relationship with someone I consider less attractive. What could this mean? I was honestly an awesome girlfriend to him and tried making it apparent that I was only into him.

38

Most Helpful Guy

• You may have just been unfortunate, and just been set up by the other men who flirted with you. That is, they've made you look bad when you didn't encourage it.

It normally goes like this. A woman doesn't get approached and flirted with, if she hasn't shown any sign of interest. Most men will look for some small sign of interest before they waste their time with a woman. Whether you do it consciously or not, if your sending invitations for men to approach and flirt with you, you're more likely to cheat. That's just the way it goes.

Your ex is much happier and more secure with a woman who's not doing that. It doesn't matter if she's not as pretty. Pretty doesn't matter shit, compared to being happy.

You may have been the perfect girlfriend and fully devoted to him, but it just looked bad for you.

• Guys do approach girls without any signs. It happens to me. I would always turn my shoulder on them all the time because I was only into my bf. I really don't get why he left me especially for this other girl. He seemed very happy with me. I just wish I got an answer.

• If it's happening to you a lot, you are probably showing things that could be taken as a small sign of interest. You may not be conscious of it.
      If you looked totally disinterested and closed off, it's very unlikely to happen. It may only be small things, like eye contact and a smile.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it really depends on the guy... my BF doesn't mind it... I think he enjoys it for some reason... like last weekend we went to a wedding and there was a guy I knew from a while ago that started giving me a lot of attention (you could say hitting on me I suppose)... so my BF invited him to join us and I sat in the middle of them... was awkward... I feel like my BF was sort of dangling me in front of the guys face as he is pretty competitive. My BF has been cheated on before... but he knows I'd never cheat on him so he is secure in that.