Do guys tend to break up with girls that get hit on a lot?

I was seeing a guy who left me for no reason. He told me several times that im the best thing that has ever came into his life and he is so lucky and how he loves me. I've gotten hit on several times while we were dating and he always got pissed off and jealous when it happened. He broke up with me and two weeks later got into a relationship with someone I consider less attractive. What could this mean? I was honestly an awesome girlfriend to him and tried making it apparent that I was only into him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You may have just been unfortunate, and just been set up by the other men who flirted with you. That is, they've made you look bad when you didn't encourage it.

It normally goes like this. A woman doesn't get approached and flirted with, if she hasn't shown any sign of interest. Most men will look for some small sign of interest before they waste their time with a woman. Whether you do it consciously or not, if your sending invitations for men to approach and flirt with you, you're more likely to cheat. That's just the way it goes.

Your ex is much happier and more secure with a woman who's not doing that. It doesn't matter if she's not as pretty. Pretty doesn't matter shit, compared to being happy.

You may have been the perfect girlfriend and fully devoted to him, but it just looked bad for you.

0|1
    0|0
    • Guys do approach girls without any signs. It happens to me. I would always turn my shoulder on them all the time because I was only into my bf. I really don't get why he left me especially for this other girl. He seemed very happy with me. I just wish I got an answer.

• If it's happening to you a lot, you are probably showing things that could be taken as a small sign of interest. You may not be conscious of it.
      If you looked totally disinterested and closed off, it's very unlikely to happen. It may only be small things, like eye contact and a smile.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it really depends on the guy... my BF doesn't mind it... I think he enjoys it for some reason... like last weekend we went to a wedding and there was a guy I knew from a while ago that started giving me a lot of attention (you could say hitting on me I suppose)... so my BF invited him to join us and I sat in the middle of them... was awkward... I feel like my BF was sort of dangling me in front of the guys face as he is pretty competitive. My BF has been cheated on before... but he knows I'd never cheat on him so he is secure in that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, He Was Insecure & Not Into You Enough To Stay With You, If A Man Really Loves A Women, He Doesn't Care How Many Guys Look & Stare, He Will Stay & Fight For Her Regardless, Find A Man Not So Insecure & Will Stand By Your Side No Matter What...

0|0
    0|0
  • No way!! I love it!! It makes you feel special that with all the guys that hit on the girl, she wants to be with you. I suppose it takes a guy with a lot of confidence to date a girl like that, but I have plenty of confidence, so I have never had an issue. I actually really like a girl right now that gets hit on constantly.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's how I feel too, but this guy is very insecure.

• Well that's exactly the reason he broke it off then. He felt pressure from all the "competition" even though you were his. What he doesn't realize is he's the one with the prize. All he has to do is treat you right and fulfill your needs and he's the winner. He's already done the toughest thing and that's getting you in the first place. If he had more confidence he wouldn't feel like he was going to lose you every time a guy approaches you. I've actually been out with a girl before and gone to the bathroom and when I came out I saw a guy had come up to the girl I was with, and I always loved casually walking up and saying hi, happy about the fact that she was there with me and other guys felt compelled to hit on her.

• I would say that getting hit on is one thing if the compliments are given and received graciously. However, if the girl is encouraging the other guy to do more than just hit on her, I might as well bow out of the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, Because jealousy can get to some people in a way that other don't get. Such as if you respond to the compliment in a flirtatious way and he notices signs of that it will really get to him. It will start to put all kinda of thoughts into his head about what your doing when he's not around etc. even though you still tried to show him that you were committed to him and him only. Sometimes words aren't just enough for some guys. He has trust issues for sure. But what can you do I guess, some people aren't just as secure as other and that's when things go bad

If you have some time can you please answer my question 😊
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1077763-crazy-question-for-girls-what-us-guys-really-want-to-know

0|0
    0|0
  • Insecurities aside, it's all about how you receive and (hopefully) reject those advances. Either way, seems like it was too much for him.

0|0
    0|0
    • I always rejected and showed my disinterest because I was only into my boyfriend. I'm honestly shocked he left me because he seemed so happy with me. However, I couldn't even talk to my guy friends because he would think I had a thing for them. I don't know.. I'm confused.

• Some guys just can't handle it. I don't mind my lady getting hit on as long as I know she doesn't reciprocate.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree. He was in a long term relationship before me and the girl cheated on him so he became very insecure and it showed a lot while he was with me. I feel like he's with this new girl because he feels 'safe'. Does that make sense?

• Well, I would understand why he has his insecurities I wouldn't blame him. It is what it is though unfortunately. =( I'm sorry you had to go through that, but it's his loss.

• He was tired of competing for your attention.

0|1
    0|0
    • Also, I highly doubt he would have had that much of a problem with it unless you reacted by smiling and chatting up all these guys, getting their numbers, etc.

What Girls Said 2

• Some guys just get really jealous and get worried a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • how long were you guys dating?

0|0
    0|0
    • About 3 months

• oh wow im guessing he's insecure. you're probably attractive and that makes him insecure. im sorry girl /:

Recommended myTakes