Is it normal to completely lose contact with ex or did I go through worse than normal situation?

I've totally lost all contact with her and we live in the same small town. I don't even see her at local hang outs anymore since she started to see this new guy and got busy with work , just nothing were not even talking as friends. but then our situation was especially bad at times and maybe she left with harder feelings towards me than I realised or just couldn't deal with seeing me anymore I'm not sure what happened.

anyways I guess my question is? is it normal to lose all contact with an ex once a couple months have pasted or did I just go through a worse than normal break up?

• normal to lose contact
  • no i still talk to my ex
  • depends on the situation
    Vote C
  • other
    Vote D

13

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex and I are pretty close. Though most people find that weird.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you still want to have contact with her? I got divorced about a year ago and my ex calls me once in a while and I have no idea why? She is all in love with this new guy and I have no desire to talk to her. I don't want to be rude, because I loved this girl at one point, but we are over. Done. Fini, caput. Why communicate?

• I just find it odd were not speaking at all , its such a small town and there is only so many places or things to do. I guess I do miss her on some level but do also realise the relationship didn't work out as I had hoped and she is seeing a new guy from what I have seen. I still talk to her one close gf as I see her at pub often and her sister works there too and I have talked to her this summer but not much of ex for a while

• Maybe I'm the weird one. Most people I guess still feel some sort of attraction to their ex, but I think I was so relieved to have it over with that I just have no desire.