Can a guy and a girl really be good friends after dating?

I'm interested in this guy but I'm not sure if he's single cause he's still friends on social media with his ex. They were friends then dated for about a year, but now i saw that she liked one of his photos and he liked one of hers... I have reason to believe he's single but this bothers me cause I don't believe they could be friends like that after breaking up? is that even possible?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Of Course It's Possible To Become Friends With An Ex, The Feelings For Them Are Clearly Still There, If You Dont Like The Fact That He Is Friends With Her & Likes Stuff She Does Then iSuggest Moving On & Finding Somebody Else...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's possible, if both of you are willing to try to make it work.

An ex of mine still tried to be my friend after we broke up... but I honestly felt he still had feelings for me and it made me really hesitant to be friendly with him, because I didn't want him to get his hopes up thinking he might be able to change my mind. I really would like to be friends with him because we got along great before we dated. Lately it seems like he's starting to move on, so hopefully there's still a chance for friendship.