Is it my fault that this guy doesn't want to do anything with me anymore?

I know when a guy leaves a woman its usually the woman's fault but I feel like this time, it's really my fault. Here's the story about how I met him. So I talked to him online on Facebook. He messaged me first saying that i'm very pretty and we should hang out sometime. I agreed to and we exchanged numbers. Then He asked me out 3 times and I said no to him because my mother won't let me. After the 3rd day, he started talking to another girl, stopped using me nicknames such as "baby" and "sweetie", ignored me completely, stopped texting me first and doesn't want anything to do with me anymore because of my overprotective mother. She completely ruined my chances to hang out with him and now this guy doesn't want to hang out with me anymore and lost interest of me because of HER. I am so annoyed at her and i'm 18 years old. I am crying right now and I can't stop. I have been depressed about this for the past 2 days. How can I stop this? Am I ever going to find someone else? I am going to a community college in September and my mother told me she may allow me to hang out with a guy as long as I meet him in person. Will I ever have another opportunity to meet someone else in college? My mother always ruins my chances with guys and it makes me so angry. How can I deal with all of this? Thanks!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• you will have so many opportunities to meet a guy in college whether it be community or university. and yes you will find someone trust me. just wait until college, that's what you have to do. when you find that nice guy then you can show your mom and she will probably be very pleased:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Do I understand it, that he chatted you up on facebook? asked you within a few days three times to "hang out", called you baby and then ignored you only after three days? I have been there as well, when my mother was the most annoying person in the world, who forbid me to go out. But looking back, I see where this is coming from and I must say, I understand your mother. Who is this guy? I highly doubt that he wants to "hang out". He looked for an easy opportunity to have sex, and since you were't available he immediately moved on. This sounds extremly suspicious and I think its good you did not meet him. I understand your sadness completely, I myself have been there many times when I felt I finally got attention from a guy., but as BertMacklinFBI said, you will meet a guy. You will meet many guys in person and they will be nice. And then you will look back and be happy you did not fall for this sleezy creep.
    And please do not ever say that it is usually the women's fault. In a relationship there are two people and many reasons for breakup, sometimes it's him, sometimes her but most often both.