What does her response mean? Was she happy to hear from me? Or does she still not want to talk to me?

I sent my ex a text yesterday on her birthday. i wrote "Hope you have a good day. Happy Birthday" cus I was scared to message her. we broke up 5 months since ago and haven't spoken in 4 months.

She responded to me today I thought she wasn't going to respond at all. She wrote back "Hi. Thanks so much. Hope you're good too."

She sounds happy/excited? Do u think I should respond and try to talk to her? Or do u think she doesn't want to talk to me?
Updates:
we didn't have a bad breakup but I screwed up bad and she ended it quickly and I agreed with the breakup but I just want to talk to her now
So is she over me then?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that means she's happy. she could have not responded at all. and she says she hopes you're good too, so thats great! i think you should start a casual conversation if you wanna talk to her. i think she'd be up for talking to you. she might be over you somewhat.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "She wrote back "Hi. Thanks so much. Hope you're good too.""

Seems a polite responce back to me, if she dident want to know or was angry she would have said the latter half there, "hope your good to" to me thats showing she still wants to know your going ok.

I dont see a problem with responding back, however as she is an ex id advise just taking things casual and slow.

Hope this helps!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Sonds Like She Is Just Thanking You Hoping Your Life Is Going Good, Dont Get Your Hopes Too Fast Cause It Will Hurt If She Shoots You Down If Your Tryna Hang Out, Take Things Slow & Just Talk To Her & See What Kind Of Vibes She Gives Off, If She Is Cold & Distant Then Back Off, If She Is Responsive & Seems To Keep The Conversation Going Then You Sir Have The Green Light, Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0
  • It is words on a screen. There is zero way to interpret her intentions. This is why texting is a horrible form of communication for anything other than confirming plans and short tidbits of information.

If this is the only communication you've had in 4 months, I would just take it as her being polite.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it was just casual and she's being polite.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the break up wasn't bad, she may be okay with hearing from you again. But don't get ahead of yourself thinking of getting back together or anything.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes