What was he thinking?

I was dumped by my ex a couple weeks ago. We had liked each other for about a year and we both knew it. Then he asked me out and took me out on dates and held my hand. We were both pretty happy. He then left for church camp for a week. When he came back, he wouldn't look me in the eye or talk to me. That same day he texted me and said we needed to talk. Then, he dumped me and told me that it was because he had made a promise to himself that he wasn't going to date. Why would he initiate the relationship and be so involved and then suddenly change his mind about it? Should I talk to him?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Whats the point? He already gave you an answer, the only thing you will do by insisting on talking is push him away. Walk away, let him realize his mistake and come after you, If I was you, I would send him a text saying "thank you for showing me a wonderful time and I respect your decision, it will be a good time for me to go explore life as well. Hope we both find happiness, take care". No hearts or love sign, just that. I guarantee you he will text you back and try to see you, at that point, tell him right now the best thing for both of you is to take a complete break with zero communication.

In a week or 2, he will come crawling back..

What Guys Said 3

• Typical religion stuff - it got under his skin, told him his feelings were sinful and unnatural and that he shouldn't be dating at his age...

• okay the way I see it he met another girl OR the church camp really got to him spiritually and made him do this. you should talk to him to try and get some proper closure and he should at least give you a good explanation of why he did what he did.

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, iThink He Possibly Did Something There At Camp, Basically Cheated. Maybe He Was Talking To Some Females & Realized He wasn't Ready To Be In A Committed Relationship, iThink It's One Of The Two, Whatever The Reason Is Just Make Sure You Stay Positive & Stay Strong & Keep Your Head Held High...

What Girls Said 0