Girlfriend broke up with me but says she loves me and will always be here for me is it over?

Dated this young lady for 10 months. Her husband had passed away about four months prior. So, basically she told me that she had not had time to grieve and she did not want to see me anymore. But tells me she loves me. Is it over?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't imagine having a relationship with someone if my spouse just died. I've seen a few people I know go through this, including my own mother - it 100% has to do with her spouses death. She is not emotionally available and she's being honest. It's not the right time, it's not you. She is telling you that she knows you are a good guy and that she loves you, but she cannot give you what you're looking for. You will end up getting hurt in the end. Maybe you guys will connect in the future, when she had grieved and gone through the healing process.

0|0
    0|0
    • How do I treat her when I see her. BOth our children play soccer in same league?

• Be sweet and friendly - she is going through a rough time. Ask her how she's doing - It would mean a lot to her if you checked in on her once in a while. You can still care about each other as friends...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Sounds Like She Just Jumped Into The Relationship Too Fast, If You Wanna Be With Her Then Give Her Time & Just Be Her Friend...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• For now, probably. It could start back up later, but it sounds as if at the least, you have a friend for life.

0|0
    0|0
    • she has told me she wants me to be happy? But right now she can not date me? does her dead husband have anything to do with this thought process

• I believe it does. Different people grieve differently. I've watched this before. My husband lost his mom and sister and his brother-in-law did the same thing. She'll always care for you because you supported her emotionally during a very hard time.

What Guys Said 1

• She'll always be there for you means she's done

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes