Guys help: Why did he say all those things and then break up with me?

I dated this guy for three months, and he was always saying things to me about how he's never felt this way before about anyone, that he was in love with me, that he'd love me unconditionally forever, that he wanted to grow old with me, that I was perfect, that he'd never leave me, that he never wanted to wake up from this heaven, that no one had ever treated him as good as I did, and that no girl could ever compare to me. Why would he say all those things to me about how he loved me unconditionally and wouldn't ever leave me, but then dump me? I don't understand. We even talked about our kids' names and where we'd have our honeymoon. This was my first ever relationship... I believed everything he told me... Did he really not mean it at all? :(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry but I really can't tell if he was lying or not was.
    What I can do is give you some advice to help you alone the way, especially because he was your first boyfriend.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, so I would say that he probably felt like the relationship was too rushed. In my opinion, you should save the talks about marriage and children until you have been dating for a much longer time. I have only just started talks with my girlfriend because it's been over 2.5 years.

When you are dating someone, take it as slow as possible. Wait until it is comfortable for the both of you, three months is way to early. It's always good to be patient with a relationship, time will help you figure out if its viable and it will help your relationship to grow and mature.

If you have anymore questions, i'd be happy to help. I hope I helped you out!

0|0
    0|0
    • Hey! I really appreciate the comment, but he was the one that brought up getting married and everything... That's what confuses me the most. I now definitely realize that was kinda fast to be talking about it, but if it was too soon, why would he initiate the "our future together" talk? It's really frustrating... Thanks for your help!! :)

• Show All
    • Okay, well thank you so much for everything! :)

• No problem, I'm glad that I was able to help you. I guarantee that you will find the right person for you, just remember to take it slow and everything will be just fine!! Good Luck!!!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• those could have been his go-to lines that he uses for all girls he dates. it's your first relationship, you'll learn over time how to spot fakes. which this guy obviously was.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so because I wouldn't dump a girl if I felt that way and wouldn't feel that way and then it just go way all of a sudden in 3 months so I think he was just saying that to maybe get in your pants or something.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Welcome to the club girl. He probably did mean all those things at the time. Guys can be jerks a lot of the time lol. Don't worry girl there will be MANY other guys out there better than this guy. He will treat you right. You are young. I know it hurts right now and you won't believe me. I promise in a couple of months or later you'll be like... I dated HIM? LOL I'm so sorry for your heartbreak. I hope it heals soon!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes