Do ex-girlfriends really want to be friends?

When a girl breaks up with you and says "I hope we can still be friends." Is that just something she says or does she really still want to be friends?

Because a girl dumped me recently because we "weren't communicating enough," and said that, but when we ran into each other at a party, she did almost everything to avoid me (we share the same friends) and she thinks up weird excuses to not hang out and she'll only text me when she needs a ride somewhere.

62

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually when I say "I hope we can be friends" it means don't be an asshole about the breakup and I hope we are on good terms. Like I hope you don't talk badly about me and spread rumors and remain acting CIVIL towards me. And it usually means I plan to do the same for you. If I thought the relationship ended badly or I really hated the person or our relationship, I wouldn't say "I hope we can be friends." I'd say "You're a piece of shit and I never wanna speak again". She probably wants to stay civil.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, She Just Doesn't Want You Upset With Her, If She Is Ignoring You Then Why Do You Answer Her When She Wants A Ride. iSuggest Cutting All Contact & Moving On, You Dont Need Her As A Friend & You Also Dont Need To Be Waiting Around For Her. Stay Strong & Stay Positive...