What to do and how to deal with break up of a 5 year relationship?

My girlfriend and I just broke up after 5 years because it wasn't working out, and we aren't getting back together, obviously. Is there a way to get over her really fast? Or am I just going to have to let some time go by? Should I delete her from Facebook? Should I block her? Should I delete all the pics from my phone? What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Its still fresh so do not do anything rational. Take time out stay off social networking. Go out with friend have fun enjoy being single the pain will fade but not this soon. So relax and just think about future as life goes. on no matter how bad you feel. You will move on one day and be happy. Take it easy

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Yes delete everything. There's no quick fix, but time will heal and u will eventually move on

0|0
    0|0
  • To get over the past, best to cut off contact as it allows one to move on faster.

0|0
    0|0
  • Delete everything and find a rebound!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm literally in the same position as you right now. We were together for 5 years and close friends before that so I've had him in my life for about 7-8 years. It feels like hell. I've deleted everything even my Facebook account and that just makes it worse because I have no way of knowing how he is and where he is... it feels so empty... like my life has ended... so I know exactly what you're going through. Just stay strong there's nothing we can do about the situation

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh wow thats longer than me! But yea it sucks so much! All we can do is let some time go by and keep ourselves busy. That way we dont think about that person. The more activities you have the better!

What Guys Said 1

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Cut All Contact & Take Out To Self Heal iSuggest Removing Her From Facebook So You Won't See Stuff That May Potentially Hurt You, If Seeing Those Pics On Your Fone Brings Pain Delete Them, & Yes It Will Take Time, Time Is A KEY Factor In A Break-Up, Some Take Longer Than Others, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes