My ex refuses to believe, she was the number one girl for me. HELP?

I met this amazing girl about a year ago, at this time. We spent about a month of getting to know one another and seeing if we felt compatible enough to date exclusively, eventually we did. She had made it very clear she had abandonment issues and was very insecure. She became insecure enough to where I would have to reassure her through daily notes before work, flowers, random texts or calls giving her extra attention. There was a also a few girls who had made passes at me making her very uncomfortable and made her insecurities worse. I respectfully told these women I was in a relationship and wasn't interested. After a month or two she started to become really depressed and emotionally withdrawn, if any emotion was shown it was anger. I addressed this and kept trying to be supportive but informed her this needed to be a give and take situation. I needed love and affection also when dealing with such a fragile situation as this. Eventually I told her if she couldn't give this to me that I would have to leave this relationship. I ended up leaving about 3 months ago but she ended up giving me nothing and just drinking constantly.

As of today, we talk here and there but she has a lot of anger towards me. I mentioned how I planned on marrying her and she flipped out saying that I'm lying and that she would never be number one to me. I'm thinking about taking a month of no contact so we both have some clarity. I don't know what to do here. I love her very much but I can't seem to get through to her. HELP.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to leave her and this situation. It's never going to work out. You might be able to convince her for now but you won't ever be able to convince her. Do you want to deal with this for the rest of your life? I didn't think so. It's exhausting

This isn't what you want to hear but it's what I think

• I definitely appreciate your honesty, thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Why Would You Want To Marry A Girl Doing All This? Leave This Relationship Cause She Has Issues She Needs To Deal With On Her On, Dont Let Her Bring You Down, You'll Be Sad For A While But Eventually You'll Start To Feel Better, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...