Did you ever "outgrow" a partner?

When me and my current bf met in our early twenties, we both were kinda chubby, lazy couch potatoes. Now, over the years I got really bored by this life and met a whole new bunch of people. I go out with them, e. g. to the cinema, dinner, chilling at the beach, to a concert.. whatever... I furthermore started an MBA and work full time. I also became very sportive and run marathons. With all this, I realised how much I have changed, and how suddenly I get men interested in me, that would never even have looked at me before.
My bf is still on the couch, working, but otherwise only watching tv or playing games on his pc with his mates. He refuses to go out.
I feel really that I outgrew him and I am now on a different level. That might sound superficial, so I was wondering if
anyone has ever been in such a situation? what did you do?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, No iCant Say iHave But All You Can Do Is Tell Him How You Feel, Communication Is Key, If He Still Doesn't Change Then iSuggest Moving On, If Not Then You Will Be Settling & Unhappy In The Relationship...

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds mean but yea. I haven't had this with a girlfriend so to say where there was a process but I had to leave one girl because we were at two different areas of our lives. She had no car, relied on parents for everything, and was all about school. Meanwhile I'm working, paying for an apartment, have a car and friends, etc. Without a car, she can only see her friends if her parents allow. So I had to break up with her because of her lack of independence.

She'd get mad at me if I couldn't see her more than once a week even though we already talked like an hour a day on the phone. Then she'd flip things around and tell me her dad doesn't like her being on the phone "too much." No matter what we did, her parents would interfere. Her mother liked me a lot but her dad was overly protective.

Since I broke up with her I've picked up a second job and have been actively going to the gym. I just feel like she doesn't have the confidence to grow. She recites everything the school she goes to tells her and believes it word for word. So while she's technically "book smart" she's not really there with common sense stuff and doesn't really have good conversation skills. It was just not meant to be.

• Tell him your needs aren't being met that you need some one that will continue to grow and expand with you in life. And that he can gut on board or get left behind.

What Girls Said 1

• It's not superficial, it's rather important. He needs somebody like himself and you are moving on to better more fun things in life. Answer is YES