How to get over my regrets?

I was recently dumped. We were together for 4 months spend a lot of time together. We began saying i love you 90 days in and were in love at one point. But my jealous actions, none too severe, our constant bickering due my anger towards her actions which i felt werent normal but were as i later realized. she was my dream girl and i terrified of losing her. My bullshit drove her to the edge, now she says she's happier and over me a little over a week later. I dont blame her. I just can't get over the memories and regrets. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Those kind of stuff happen very often in a relationship. At times it is the girl that is always jealous but not always it can be the guy too or both. There is always a way u can solve it, it happens in every relationship, Some relationship have more of a less issue in it and some have more, but that's how it kinda has to go. Because if ur partner never gets jealous then how do u even know she really likes u?

0|0
    0|0
    • She was more experienced with relationships so im sure she was better at hiding it. She did slip up. a few times, but i was flattered by it

Most Helpful Guy

• Rationalize it. I mean, at the time, was there anything you could have done? I mean, you didn't have the prerequisite knowledge to know whether it was normal or not. That's how I have learnt not to regret anything, because, at the time where a crucial decision was made, it was the best decision at the time, with the knowledge I had. I couldn't have done any more than that.

0|1
    0|0
    • Id made similar mistakes before. I let my emotions drive out the irrational fear. And it drove her away. She gave me many chances. I was too foolish to understand. i was convinced i was right about her actions. I was trying to find something wrong. I was afraid to. trust her.

• Again, you didn't have the prerequisite knowledge to have known better. Now you know, you look back and think "What a dumbass.". But, in truth, you were just trying to find out what was going on.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• You learn things as you go through a relationship with someone and even about yourself. Honestly even to say so for myself I wouldn't regret a day I spent with my boyfriend. I've learned a lot and changed in a good way

0|0
    0|0
  • Realize the good things that came out of it. That what I do it worked for me. Your welcome! :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, The Main Factor Is Time, Over Time You'll Feel Better, Also Continue Doing Things You Love Doing, Dont Give Up, iDont Know How Long Because Everybody Is Different But You Can Do It, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0
  • Regret is the worst and most destructive feeling we as humans can feel... you can't go back and change the past no matter how much you try... it happned... so just accept your decision at the moment... because lets face it... even if you come at them with a different angle, its only because of the outcome of the decision you made the first time... so in reality if you would have tried another route... the outcome would not be fixed by your precedent knowledge of whats going to happen, because the state of time would be based on you taking another route... so there's no way you could have ever known what the right path was... you just simply did the best at the time... mmmm thats all you can do... just accept and learn

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes