How come he's moved onto another girl already?

I was with a guy for 2 years and we were on the verge of breakup for a while. Why has he moved onto a new girl so quickly? It's been a week and he told me yesterday that she is amazing and that she was waiting for him. He also said that she 'stole' him and that she's already done so much for him already. It really hurts because it seems like that whole 2 years meant nothing to him and he seems completely fine. I can't imagine being with anyone else, but he already is. I just don't get it, it's so hard to accept but I know I can't do anything about it. The girl he is talking about is an old close friend of mine, and she knew we were together for that time and I don't see how she can do it either.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• It's usually easier for the one who breaks up because they've usually been thinking about it a while, so already had time to mentally process, move on and in some cases to line up someone new. Whereas the poor dumpee usually gets taken more by surprise, and has not already been investing time in finding someone else.

@"she's already done so much for him already"

It's really callous and self-absorbed to say stuff like that to your ex-gf, wow. I mean, even if it's true, you don't say things like that - if you have any sense of caring or thinking about the feelings of other people around you, it should be obvious.

• Is there a chance it's a rebound? Because neither of us really wanted to breakup it was just because it wasn't working a lot of the time, and we fought a lot.. it seems like the whole time he just used me until he couldn't get anything more from me.. Is he purposely trying to hurt me?

• Oh and before he was with me he was with many girls for a short time. I was the longest girlfriend he had, which made me thought we were different. But now it's like I was just the same as the other girls. No meaning to him

• I don't think he's purposely trying to hurt you, he just sounds a bit self-centered to me, at least that's my impression. If you fought a lot, and if you felt used, then it sounds to me like in the long run you might be better off moving on from him, painful as it is. The way you describe how he talks about the new girl, it doesn't sound like he's really going to get back together with you.