I have been confused about this, guys can you shed some light on this please?

My ex and I have been broken up for a month I believe now, we use to fight a lot, but we still had feelings for each other, he wanted to stay "as friends" it was a mutual breakup, but he texts me every now and then, he got upset one time for a guy posting on my fb, and I told him we were broken up and he said it still bothered him, so he confused Me, and I said it was hard for me to be friends with him since i still love him. He still text me to check up on me. I love him and want to get back
With him but I am taking it slow by just "replying" to him... Is he "testing the waters"
Or just genuinely being friends? I figured if he was DONE DONE with me he would completely take me out of his life, also he still has pics of me on his fb,... Should I keep my hopes
Up? :( what approach to take without pressuring him?

11