My ex won't accept it's over! What do I do?

My ex boyfriend and I went out for a year and a half and when I broke it off, he didn't take it very well. He keeps all of the little romantic things I bought him spread across his room and keeps snapchatting me pictures of them saying he misses me. He's texting me and talking to my friends about how much he wants to see me and is convinced I'm going to go crawling back to that hell hole of a relationship. How do I make him understand that it's over and he needs to move on?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if my case was as severe as this, but I've been in his place. Make it brutally clear - like you're writing a lab report clear - that you have no intention of resuming your relationship ever. He has hope - maybe you've been amicable and he's taken that as a sign; it will save you and him time and stress to crush that hope. The obsession will break when he starts looking to other women, but he won't start doing that until he's clear that you aren't an option.

Good luck. I'm really sorry that we get like this, especially early on.

What Guys Said 5

• Take a screen shot of this question and send it to him. It will make him realize how much he is troubling you and would back off. But hey... whatever you do, think about it carefully :)

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Tell Him Again, If He Still Doesn't Get It Ignore Him & Cut All Contact...

• Just ignore him... He will get the picture... We don't give up easily, but trust me he will quit when he realizes their is no hope.

• If you don't like him anymore unadd him on snapchat block him from texting you and find someone that you like😊

• Don't. Make is easier on him and just go back with him. You won't be creeped out and bothered anymore also.

What Girls Said 1

• he probably hasn't experienced that type of love very often. and it is a sinking feeling in your heart to lose that. its just hard for him to accept u could throw it all away, so in his mind he feels that maybe a small part of u still cares and will regain those feelings u once felt in the beginning. he'll keep reaching out to u until he gets a clear sign that you've moved on and are doing better without him. this might sound harsh but u might have to make him feel like there's another guy who means way more to u than he ever did and could have. it hurts, but it'll be enough of a reality check