How to get over a breakup? I'm lost!?

I had a boyfriend for 1½ year. For a week ago, I started to feel, like he didn't loved me and didn't want to be in the relationship anymore. On saturday, I had to ask him, if it was true, or not. Then he said, that he didn't love me... It really broke my heart. I know it hasn't been a long time since, but I would just know how you guys got over a breakup.

I miss him so much, but can't make him love me! </3

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Your mind may be trapped in thoughts of him for a while. Two ways I know to remedy this - fantasy of other potential partners and mentally engaging activities.

Study other potential romantic and sexual partners - doing so will make you more distinctly aware of that your former partner is not the only option and draw into greater light what faults he may have had. Have conversations with other men.

Spend time doing activities that require careful attention - the less attention you would be able to pay to netflix were you doing it simultaneously, the better. For myself, I do woodwork design and building, as design takes careful decisions and one tends to look at his tool as he is cutting, for obvious reasons.

Abandon all hope of getting back together - recognize it would not be a pleasant experience. Such is a resurgent venom that will prolong your pain.

I hope this helps to abbreviate your pain. This is an unpleasant time - it cannot be skipped but it can truncated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I went through the same process of a break up with my ex who broke up with me in March. It wasn't easy honestly so I know where you are coming from. My ex broke up with me but he didn't really give me a good reason behind it. You are going to be stuck for a while and that is okay just take baby steps and try not to think about it. Trust me I had to go to school with my ex HS and everyday I came in that building I always found him staring at me and it was so annoying I just wanted to faint. But I just looked away and acted like he didn't exist. I missed mine too but not anymore that break up he and I had actually woke me up. You can't make them love you if he does he'll tell you. It took me 5 months to get over my break up with my ex, it wasn't easy but it was worth it. It was like a wake up call for me, because I finally knew what I deserved in a relationship and who I wanted my relationship to be with. I just stayed focused on my school work, distracted myself with hanging out with my friends, etc. It just takes baby steps it took a while for my wound to heal on my heart but not its gone its just left a scar that's all. I think the break up though between him and I was for the best. I mean what girl wants a guy that is going to treat her like dirt and act like she doesn't exist I know I don't. You want someone that is going to love you for you. Don't chase him let him come to you if he wants you. Keep your head up and just move on taking small steps don't go back to him because you will just get hurt in the end. Its his loss if he broke up with you its not your fault there's nothing you can do about it besides move on and put a smile on your face. I know I'm beautiful and I know he doesn't a caring/loving/supportive girlfriend like me. Distract yourself and hang out with your friends, get a job, do what makes you happy and be with whoever makes you smile.