Has anyone ever been dumped for someone else or vice versa? What was the outcome of the new relationship or contact with the ex again?

Has anyone ever been dumped for someone else or vice versa?

What was the outcome of the new relationship? Was their contact with the ex again and how long?

Was their remorse or regret?

63

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex got someone pregnant when I was with him and after some back and forth I told him to go be a man - to stand by her and the baby...
    Three months later, we were back on good terms just in conversation.
    I think this scenario may be different than other break ups, but it is what it is. I care about him and regardless of the past, I am glad to know he is happy.

We don't actually talk any more now. It has been about six months and the whole thing happened three years ago October. He is no longer in the childs life either. Which is sad.

• wow, that is a horrible story for you. Something like that happened to my friend as well. You are very impressive on your actions! You definitely deserve better than him.

Most Helpful Guy

• My one only real dumping came 30-something years ago when I was 24. She started cheating of course and eventually revealed it to me. Totally smashed my overblown ego, but oddly, while i was undergoing all the normal reactions to being ditched, i started having sexual fantasies about her in bed with this 'other guy', whom i never met. Lasted quite a while, i might add.

Contact with her after she dropped me was minimal. She would talk a tad about her new guy, but nothing much.