What's the longest relationship you've had and why did it end?

I know we've all been through it, but what's the longest most promising relationship you had that turned into dust?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• 12 years, married for 10 years. She relapsed into alcohol & drugs for the 3rd time, got into serious legal trouble, & nearly got my now 10 yr old son killed. I took full custody of my son & divorced her. Haven't seen or heard from her in over a year. Pretty sure my son & I are better off.

Most Helpful Girl

• 5 years we met in middle school and I gave him my number texted me and said he liked me more than a friend. So we hooked up and started going out but I never really got to know him. He ended the relationship with me in March but he didn't really have any good reasons they were mostly excuses. The relationship turned into dust because I was always doing my part and supporting him and everything but him on the other hand treated me like I was a dog or a slave, he didn't give me that affection that I wanted. Its like he didn't know what a relationship is or what love is. Its like I had to force words through his head and I just started running out of what to say and it was getting nowhere. He basically didn't do his part at all, he started drinking in 2013 and then from then on he just changed right out of the blue. I personally can't date someone that drinks alcohol it puts stress on me and I have trouble sleeping and stuff. I personally didn't ask for a lot in the relationship just asked for him to do his part. I am now a junior in high school and he's a sophomore we don't talk whatsoever its pretty much awkward eye contact then and there. But I think it was for the best I don't know why I was stupid I wish I had gotten to know him better and didn't just jump. I've lost feelings for him and everything and I'm proud of myself because it wasn't easy. It took baby steps for me I just went slowly. I don't deserve him and he doesn't deserve me, I deserve someone so much better.