I crave attention from other men? Is my relationship over?

I am in a longterm relationship of 7 years.
I was the happiest girl the first 4 years and then a lot of things happened that shattered my trust in him. He started to become distant and I became depressed. Now I realize how I always crave attention from other men. I just want them to look at me. It's like I need a reconfirmation that I am attractive.
I never cheated or touched another man, but I often fell emotionally for another guy and I just can't forget about them.
My bf is now all on the "I love you so much" side again, but I don't feel anything when he says it, it's like I don't believe him.
I don't know how to stop this, I wonder if this actually shows me, that there is something missing in my relationship and I should break it off.
Anyone been in such a situation?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's an act to boost your self esteem. I assume due to what you perceived as distance between you and him (that resulted in your feeling depressed) your self esteem took a hit... for instance a feeling of does he really like me? Am I lovable? that kind of stuff... so you are trying to reinforce your self esteem by getting attention from guys which validates you at least on a superficial level

does it mean there's something missing in the relationship. I guess it sounds like there was something missing, but only you know if the current state of things is ok or not. if he has sort of fixed the issues that were bothering you earlier I think you should try and recognize that and keep in mind that relationships (especially a 7yr relationship) are never entirely smooth. there are bumps in the road. if you feel like you don't love him you shouldn't be with him, but getting attention from other guys is only a superficial way to fix a deeper issue.