Will he ever want to get back together?

I was with my boyfriend for over a year, and he made me the happiest I've ever been. We were in love. He used to say it would be easy to be with my for years and years and we talked about moving in together. Then tragically, one of his close friends and work colleagues committed suicide. He started speaking a lot to one of her friends, and admittedly I got jealous. About 2 weeks later he broke up with me. He said he couldn't handle me being jealous right now and his heart wasn't in it anymore. He was crying as he said this, and id never seen him cry before. He told me he still loved me and he knew he'd regret it. That just made me feel worse. Its been 2 months since we broke up and I feel guilty everyday because I do trust him, and I was just feeling insecure at the time. We speak occasionally, and although he says he misses me and does regret it sometimes, I dont think he wants to get back together right now. We're meeting for lunch and the cinema next week and im not sure if its a date or if we're going as just friends. i don't know if im ready to be just friends right now because I still love him and think it'll hurt me even more. Should I go? I do really want to see him :(

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You should go, he might want to say something important there.
    Should it end up being just a friendly meet-an-greet I would do one of the following.

A - The choice I personally wouldn't go with
    Stay on as a friend, but don't get used.

B- My personal choice based off of things you said in your question
    The hard choice, to stop talking to him unless he initiates talking, and even then not delving to deep into conversation and then cutting it off after 15-20 minutes by saying that you have to go. but never really giving a reason why. Slowly he will stop talking to you and will allow/help you to move on sooner, while not just cutting the ties and breaking them off in a necessarily bad way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately it's impossible to say if someone will come back... plenty of people cling onto that false hope and then years down the line realize they were wrong and that they missed out on so many opportunities due to them hoping for their ex to come back. I think you should go and see what he has to say. You don't have anything to lose by just going. If it doesn't go the way you hoped then it's time to decide if it's worth waiting for him or not... most of the time it's NOT worth it. You're just prolonging your pain.