Ex's; his reoccurring constant?

I've been talking to a guy for a while now, and he has a way of bringing up his two previous ex's. He knows it upsets me, but they both cheated on his so why shouldn't it?
I have told him twice now to cut it out since their sluts and hurt him, I don't want to hear about them unless it's dire and he's agreed both times bit they still come up. He got drunk once and brought up a lot about them, but it's also when he's sober too.
They have/do text every once in a while. I don't know what they say asides their in his phone as bitchX1 and bitxhX2 and he will be there if they absolutly need him, since it would be the "right thing to do."
How do I cut them out or let him know they need to go so we can have a future butter than he had with them? Cause apparently he's not hearing what I'm saying.
I just really want a shot with him and be his #1 not #3 behind his past.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• You have been talking to a guy, or dating? If you are just in the talking stage, he still has connection issues with them and simply can't let go. This is something that he may always have a problem with, or just needs to be in a good relationship to realize life is better without them! You might just have to tell him that you want a relationship with him, but he has to cut out the ex's. This would be a reasonable request to me. If he has a problem with it or can't let go, you will always be #3. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I had to guess, I'd say he's doing it to try to make you jealous in a way. Some guys just like to make girls insecure/jealous by talking about other women in front of them, because for some reason they feel like this makes them better or something. If I were you, I would just cut him out of my life. He doesn't sound like someone who would be good to be in a relationship with, as from your description I highly doubt his behavior will cease anytime soon. If you really want, you could give him one last warning, and make sure he understands that you don't want to tolerate this sort of behavior for any longer. If he continues after that, just let him go, because he obviously doesn't care enough about you or your opinion to deserve being with you.