Would you be friends with your ex after you break up?

The question says it all, Yes or no

• yes
    Vote A
  • no
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some times I think I am the only person who doesn't get bitter at their exs. I really dont care the past is the past. All my friends have done shit against me at some point and an ex is no different. It would just be hiding my feelings because once you love someone it normally never goes away. The love may change it may not be sexual relationship type love but its still love. Bitterness most of the time just shows that you care. you can not be that mad most of the time unless you care somewhat. Not all the time but a good deal of it. So I see no reason in hating them or being mad. I forgave them and moved on during the relationship after should be no different. There is just no good reason to stay mad and bitter at any of them for me. I had my fiance leave me throw away thousands of dollars worth of my stuff and spent hundreds on her after our break up. She used me to get with her current boyfriend and after all that I really harbor nothing against her. I still care about her as if she were my best friend. She stopped talking to me but me I would gladly and easily be friends.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me reword it for you...
    You can never be friends with an EX even if your breakup was pleasant and mutual because there will always be one that hurt a little more than the other or that loves a little more! With that said U CAN BE acquaintance with an EX and say hi and bye when u see each other in public, nothing wrong with being courteous!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• That answer is not that easy to answer; all depends on the reason for the divorce. If it was because of betrayal then I would think not. But if it was because you were always busy never had time for them, then yes. You just might be able to rekindle whatever fire was there before the divorce

Sorry if this doesn't really answer your question

0|0
    0|0
  • normally that doesn't ever happen, unless one party has something to gain form the other party, like maybe a car ride or using the guys hook- up or discount at a store or something... normally when people break up both parties are bitter and rather not be around each other... so basically No.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the person, and if they have the maturity to handle it as well. If I really enjoy her company, or feel like maybe down the road we could possibly try again, then I don't mind keeping in contact with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never had a girlfriend before but the most likely scenario would be either she does something to offend me and I break up with her or she breaks up with me for reasons unknown, either way I can't ever imagine wanting to be friends with an ex after breakup because either way I would be hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. Forget being friends, I would want to become a total stranger to a person with whom I've had a breakup.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I would but that's only if she is okay with it too. if she wanted to still be friends I don't want to deny her that but most likely that is never going to be the case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the break up. I'm friends with one of my ex boyfriends but not the others, and I'm not friends with my ex girlfriend or the friend I had a one night fling with.

1|0
    0|0
  • needs more options, it's not a simple yes or no question...

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the break up. but I'm not against being friends with an ex if the circumstances permit it

0|0
    0|0
  • After a marriage with children then it is probable, but as a single person it's very unlikely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once I break up with a woman, she can exit my life completely. We would have nothing to discuss. She's the past. I want nothing to do with an ex.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's very hard. My ex still has feelings for me, so things get complicated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not to be honest. I prefer to go my separate ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes iCould See Myself Being Friends With My Ex...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, seems too awkward to attempt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no...

0|0
    0|0
  • Cordial, yes. Friends, no

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I just don't think it's possible? At least not right away.

Maybe after some time if it was like a clean break out, I wouldn't know. But if it wasn't I think there will always be some anger or other issues left or maybe some attraction or maybe one person still has feelings for the other. I just don't think it could work, at least for me it never did.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was just going through fb and I came across an old convo of my ex and I. I was like omg aw I miss him. I wish we could just be friends but then I remember our break up and how I saw him afterwards and he looked at me with anger. and no, I don't ever want to even see him again, especially be friends with him. i'm friends with my ex before him tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how you break up and how upset both are
    me and my ex became bestfriends after breaking up and did infact go out again but it depends how bad a break up it was

0|0
    0|0
  • if two people can be friends after a break they either A. Never loved each other at all. or B still do

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the break up I would say. But I personally am not friends with my ex at all he and I are just like strangers with memories its just awkward eye contact then and there. Even though my feelings for him are gone I still want nothing to do with him. Plus it would be awkward as well and I don't see him very much when I am walking to my classes which is good except for in the morning. And then what if you decide to be friends with your ex and then all of a sudden those feelings how had for him/her are coming back, then what? I wouldn't do it because sometimes it can hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • it really depends on whether you were friends to begin with, what type of dynamic you had and how it ended

0|0
    0|0
  • It just really depends on how and why the break up happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to but instead he chose to talk shit about me every chance he got so I decided it's not for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I broke up with my first boyfriend due to distance, not lack of attraction or anything. We still remained friends. But if we had broken up for other reasons, then it'd have been more complicated

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to stay friends after a breakup but I find that guys make it kind of awkward and keep their distance.. No offense :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes