How do you get over a break up when it's not because you don't love each other?

As we all know, sometimes love is not enough to keep people together. My BF and I broke up because of distance and because our lives are headed in vastly different directions - there is no realistic future for us. We still care deeply for each other but he's having a hard time letting me go, he wants to stay friends. This is very painful-how do I get over this?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls seem to find this easier than men. We dont know where life will lead us and if you wanted to be together you would have made it work. All things are possible. But you could meet someone else.
    You dont get over it. That's the problem.

• There really is no way to make it work - love is not always the answer. He has chosen a certain lifestyle that he is passionate about that does not suit me, it's something that we both won't change our minds about. I need to have no contact I think otherwise this will be tough.

• This is very healthy because it was good yet you decided it was not good enough. From here you have identified what you want. That is a huge step most people never make. So now after a little time look for the man of your dreams and don't let him walk past you. Do not drop your standards and go for gold. Use the past experience as a stepping stone to something even better. He's out there somewhere.

• Thank you for your advice:)