Would you leave your current gf/bf if your ex came back into your life & wanted you back?

If you still loved your ex and/or had feelings for them, but you were in another relationship, would you consider going back to your ex IF they were sincerely apologetic and wanting to make amends?

67

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely not, if I genuinely still loved my ex then I wouldn't get into a new relationship even if she had. Your questions is not one that "emotionally" healthy would consider doing. This situations sounds like one involving "damaged goods".

The smart thing is to move past the relationships.
    Personally, I normally don't believe in second chance, "If I wasn't good enough the first time then why am I good enough now."
    If you still loved your ex then you should never have gotten into a relationship with your current boyfriend, you are doing him a great "disservice".

• I am not in a relationship, he is! I do believe people can learn from their mistakes. Our situation was purely an issue of bad timing.

• You do what you feel is best... but if he did this to one girl what makes you think he won't do it again, perhaps even to you?
      People who aren't able to be single, successfully, aren't worth a relationship in my opinion.

• A person has to be emotional healthy "on their own" and if his family is like this, that raises even more red flags in my mind. Why would you want to get involved with a guy, whose family dictates his relationships?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I wouldn't I'd stay with my current bf. Plus my ex cheated on me with another girl and then when we were dating like in January 2014 he always acted like he was single. I gave him a second chance which I should have not given him a second chance but I did and I just got hurt but I learned a lot from my last relationship with him. Maybe if they were sincerely apologetic but what if they cheated on you and you could never trust them again, I know I can't trust mine. I keep trying to make the relationship work between him and I but he wasn't putting in any effort. It was like glass its better to leave the glass broken then to put the pieces back together. I would not get back together with mine at all. Plus he and I don't even talk at all nothing whatsoever just silence. I fell out of love with my ex like it took me 5 months it wasn't easy but it was totally worth it. If they cheat on your once of course they'll do it again. He in my opinion wasn't mature enough and it was like he didn't know what he wanted and I couldn't teach him how a relationship was supposed to go. He pretty much led me on and then broke up with me out of the blue and I didn't even see it coming. He treated me like a dog, always came up with lame excuses about making me a priority in his life. It was like the littlest things in a relationship that he couldn't even do. Such as like communicate which I believe plays a big part in a relationship. I finally know who I deserve and what I want in a relationship so happy I've finally found the light.

• I don't blame you for not wanting tor reconcile especially if he cheated on you. But assuming a relationship is not dysfunctional and/or toxic, would you consider it?

• No I wouldn't