Would you leave your current gf/bf if your ex came back into your life & wanted you back?

If you still loved your ex and/or had feelings for them, but you were in another relationship, would you consider going back to your ex IF they were sincerely apologetic and wanting to make amends?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely not, if I genuinely still loved my ex then I wouldn't get into a new relationship even if she had. Your questions is not one that "emotionally" healthy would consider doing. This situations sounds like one involving "damaged goods".

The smart thing is to move past the relationships.
    Personally, I normally don't believe in second chance, "If I wasn't good enough the first time then why am I good enough now."
    If you still loved your ex then you should never have gotten into a relationship with your current boyfriend, you are doing him a great "disservice".

0|0
    0|0
    • I am not in a relationship, he is! I do believe people can learn from their mistakes. Our situation was purely an issue of bad timing.

• Show All
    • You do what you feel is best... but if he did this to one girl what makes you think he won't do it again, perhaps even to you?
      People who aren't able to be single, successfully, aren't worth a relationship in my opinion.

• A person has to be emotional healthy "on their own" and if his family is like this, that raises even more red flags in my mind. Why would you want to get involved with a guy, whose family dictates his relationships?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I wouldn't I'd stay with my current bf. Plus my ex cheated on me with another girl and then when we were dating like in January 2014 he always acted like he was single. I gave him a second chance which I should have not given him a second chance but I did and I just got hurt but I learned a lot from my last relationship with him. Maybe if they were sincerely apologetic but what if they cheated on you and you could never trust them again, I know I can't trust mine. I keep trying to make the relationship work between him and I but he wasn't putting in any effort. It was like glass its better to leave the glass broken then to put the pieces back together. I would not get back together with mine at all. Plus he and I don't even talk at all nothing whatsoever just silence. I fell out of love with my ex like it took me 5 months it wasn't easy but it was totally worth it. If they cheat on your once of course they'll do it again. He in my opinion wasn't mature enough and it was like he didn't know what he wanted and I couldn't teach him how a relationship was supposed to go. He pretty much led me on and then broke up with me out of the blue and I didn't even see it coming. He treated me like a dog, always came up with lame excuses about making me a priority in his life. It was like the littlest things in a relationship that he couldn't even do. Such as like communicate which I believe plays a big part in a relationship. I finally know who I deserve and what I want in a relationship so happy I've finally found the light.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't blame you for not wanting tor reconcile especially if he cheated on you. But assuming a relationship is not dysfunctional and/or toxic, would you consider it?

• No I wouldn't

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• They are my exes for at least one reason and in order of exes the reasons they are my ex is: 1. cheated on me 2. Dad hated me and seemed like he wanted to kill me for what reason I do not know still and do not care about 3. just wanted to be single at the time 4. I know our life styles would not work out 5. cheated on me 6. cheated on me with like three others 7. accused me of crap 8. accused me of hurting her cousin which never happen 9. used me and was a druggie 10. lied to me, cheated on me, ditched our plans many of times we made on Monday for Friday for her best friend that called an hour before I got home from work on Friday accused me of hitting her when I have never hit a women 11. did not get alone time where it was just the two of us actually alone and not at her parents or with my family or out in public, also her mom wanted her to take pictures to prove we were where we said we were. her mom was also kind of controling 12. I felt us drifting apart since I didn't get any alone time with her, could not see her moving out from living with her mom, could not see her getting married The funny thing about my last ex is she wanted me to get my mom to help her to get me back when my mom wants me to be happy and knew I wasn't with her the ex that is. they are in a span of 15-16 years. If they wanted me back they would have tried by now since it has been quit some time. I would not take any of them back if they tried since my girlfriend treats me like a decent human being, loves me, care about me, is loyal to me, honest with me, trusting, fun to be around, makes me laugh, loves going places and doing things with me, lets me love her and care about her, do things with her etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay fair enough. Your experience sounds like quite an ordeal and very intense. I wouldn't blame you if you would rather not reconcile with your ex!

• No, I don't believe in getting back together with exes. If it didn't work the first time then I fail to see why it would work the second or fifth time.

0|1
    0|0
    • You could have learned from your mistakes the first time round which could better the relationship? Obviously assuming nothing too bad happened, such as cheating or abuse.

• No because I could never imagine my ex as a nice person.

0|1
    0|0
    • Ok fair enough. But what if you really loved her & she basically pleaded with you? And assuming she hadn't done anything too terrible such as cheating etc.

• Yea I guess if she didn't cheat.

• Not A Chance, Even If iWas Single, (It's Bad) But iWouldnt Mind Casually Having Sex...

0|0
    0|0
    • Reason being? I understand if a girl had cheated, lied to you etc, but what if it was nothing that bad? I do believe that when people take responsibility for their past actions, they can learn from their mistakes...

• Haha only for sex hey!

• Nope, she's an ex for a reason if she dumped me HER LOSS!
    If I dumped her then there's a good reason...

0|1
    0|0
  • Kind of get a feeling that current guy you're with is a rebound guy. Feel sorry for that chump.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No. My ex and I were toxic. We both had anger management issues that were resolved with fighting and the fights escalated to where he finally attempted to choke me out.

We've resolved our issues and are now both upstanding members of society and are very healthy mentally and all that jazz but there's no going back to that relationship.

Plus my current boyfriend is kind of absolutely perfect.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. My exes, although good people, are exes for a reason. I'm very happy with my SO.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't even if I wanted to go back with them , they're ex's for a reason

0|0
    0|0
  • i might consider it, if i still loved my ex. yeah. but i would feel really bad leaving my new relationship. it all depends on how i feel about each person, and the situation. if i was definitely happier in my new relationship, i would totally stay. because it clearly wasn't working with the ex. but if i was still really missing my ex, and just used this new relationship to get over my ex, and he wanted me back, id totally go back to him. but id still feel bad for the new relationship partner. i would never jump into a new relationship just to get over my ex, but, hypothetically.

1|0
    0|1
  • No my exes were jerks

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes