How to get over someone you still like? (please help)

There's this girl and I've liked her for 2 years now.

She almost became my girlfriend but from one day to another, she told me she only wanted me as friends. (that was one year ago)

She's so pretty so wherever she goes there are always many guys that flirt with her and that makes me feel even worse.

We don't speak anymore but we see each other because we go to the same school.

Please, I need help, i don't want to like her anymore. :c

249

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going through the same thing right now with a guy... I've liked him for almost a year and a half and we're great friends and talk all the time but because we work together I've decided to get rid of those romantic feelings.. But I only realized you can't ever fully forget those feelings. Those feelings will always be there, but see them as a memory of happiness, a memory that you will smile at the thought of. For the ones we like or even love we have to make sacrifices to ensure their happiness, even if it's not with us. I can't tell you how to get over someone but I can tell you how you can use them to be just a memory to smile at. Just imagine all the good chats you had, all the times you saw them smile, and the laughs you had together. And always think of their happiness before your own. That's how I've been coping :) and I wish you the greatest luck and pray that you won't see her as an object of bitterness, but as a smiling memory.

I know this is really cheesy but that's just the kind of person I am :)

What Girls Said 23

• As hard as it Might be, and being it's even Harder to 'Get over someone you like,' because of the fact 'We go to the same school,' is going to make it Longer to Get over her, to move on. But you are going to have to suck it up, be strong And----Avoid her like the Plague, If all possible.
    Try and Not go where she is, unless it is Absolutely necessary, and when you happen to see 'Always many guys that flirt with her,' then Look away, keep your eyes and head straight ahead.
    Rome wasn't built in a day, as you have heard, and 'Don't want to like her anymore' is basically in this same category. It's going to take some time, being you are subjected to Same school, but in time as this Does eventually heal all wounds, and maybe concentrating on Other things, Another girl included, Is just what the doctor ordered.
    Good luck, hang in there... xx

• You need to detox this girl from your system, and that means no contact and not seeing her for as long as you can. Out of sight for as long as you can means that each day that goes by, the easier it is to curb your feelings. Schools are big - so go somewhere else at school that you can spend time while you're getting through this. Even if it's for one week, do it. In class, sit no where near her if you share a class together. Ignore her, don't look at her. If you think of her, start thinking of a celebrity crush you have just to get something else on your mind while you get rid of the thought of her. Remind yourself that she's not the one. Think of her with chocolate stuck in her teeth or toilet paper hanging out of her pants.

• I don't think there is a 'how'.. You just have to accept that it will probably never be. I know it hurts and it sucks really bad. The first step is to realize its not meant to be. Rejection hurts especially when you think someone is so amazing. You are more obssesed with 'what you could've had'.

I am sure she has flaws you don't see. She lead you on and out of no where she just changes her mind? That's called playing with your feelings. That doesn't make her such a great person in my book.

You are even starting to doubt yourself thinking you are not good enough, but that's not true. You are so worth it! Snap out of it.

You'll be okay. ❤️

• I think we've all been there at some point. From my experience you cannot force yourself to unlike someone over night or put a time limit on eradicating that person from your memory I think this is a time thing. It'll take time. Patience is key! And remember new opportunities come through in life so who knows maybe within the next week or day or month there will be new opportunities and you'll have other things to occupy your mind and time. Everything will work out fine! Don't sweat it!

• You can't fully get over someone you really cant. there's gonna be points where you think your over her but seriously you just end up back where you started. Its soo hard to move on and especially she goes to the same school thats even harder because in the hallways you have to cover your eyes, and not look right? Am i right? because all you see is her being flirted with. i heard it takes a year to get over somebody, there's times where i have said "im finally over him" but i end up back to the start. The only thing that can heal you is time. Time. it may be a long time but thats seriously the only way which works. i know everytime you see her smile you fall for her again, but remember there's so much more living to do and so much more girls you will meet in your time.
    Hope this helps, best wishes :) x

• I went through the same thing. We went to school together and had the same social circle. It took awhile, but I did not rebound and avoided him as much as possible without sacrificing all my social life yet still not being in too many awkward situations. I took time off from dating, hook ups included, because all that does is delay the closure process. I spent time on me. Found new hobbies, met new people, and during this time I had to ignore 18 months if texts and calls from him as well. I reached a point where I felt 100% confident in closure of the situation with him. And within 3 months I met the guy I am still with 3 years later and could not be happier, especially since that guy I got over, once I knew I was over it, talked to him. And he's now one of my closest friends and we help each other with male and female perspectives with our current relationships. And I was crazy about him after a short relationship and then after from 16 to 23. So give it time. And personally, I'd skip the rebounds and choose you time and time with friends. You get more out if it and get to closure faster. Wishing you the best! :)

• The easiest way to push out a crush is to not go where you know she's going to be. I know you probably know her schedule and everything right now. So when you see her, try to pay her no mind. Be with your other friends. Find someone that you can project your feelings onto.

I think the easiest was is to find another person that you like.

• You go out and try to find someone else to fancy. Or focus on her ugly inner side (if she has one) and you will feel less impressed of her.
    For example, if she hates fat people and told you how she wants to vomit or cannot eat anymore when she sees a fat person or made mean jokes about mean, focus on how cruel she is towards some people.

• There's no actual way to get over her whenever you want, fast.. Because obviously she's on your mind 24/7. The only way that you will get over her is with TIME and patience and faith. Just think about it this way: in a year, or more.. Or even LESS she won't even be your problem anymore. Besides, your under 18! Meaning you have your whole life ahead of you and that your going to meet plenty of other girls. Its just a phase.

• I've been through that with a guy and I made the mistake to tell my friend who told and asked him and he said he didn't like me that way. I cried for 4 hrs then for a yr. I was sad everytime I saw him. I'm sorry to say what made me get over him was noticing what I didn't like about him. And realizing I could do so much better than him. And finding someone who likes you really and truly. I hope you do find that special someone.

• rebound rebound rebound.
    this doesn't have to be sexual. but let the person know this is just a rebound. i have read articles in college psych about how rebounds are actually really healthy and should happen after a relationship. rebounds take off the pressure and take off any stress about the future.

• You just need to occupy yourself with other stuff that's really all you can do. Set a personal goal and focus on that. It really just takes time and one day you'll wake up and realize you have't though about her in months.

• Alcohol initially. Then sleep with someone else as fast as possible. Then become a player and swear off women forever. Isn't that the standard route you guys take? :/

• It depends on u. You should convince yourself to finally move on. If u cant, tgrnlet time heal all the wounds. Give yourself a break. Join some fun activities, meet new friends, or travel. Its not easy to get over something that mean so much to you. Stop clinging on to it. Start thinking that not all those things that you have will be permanently be yours. Accept that it will be gone someday. Learn from it and move forward

• There's so many girls out there, don't waste your time on one that won't pan out, best way to move on is to, pardon the repetitive, move on to some new girl interests

• Well it's going to take time so just keep your self busy. Try going different ways when you are in school so you avoid her.

• Try to impress her. Tell her u love her. Tell her that when you first saw her, her beauty was like a ray of Sun from Heaven.

• Plain and simple she wasn't meant for you obviously I don't know you but I beat your a great guy if she doesn't want you just move on there isn't to much you can do but be strong and avoid her in all possible ways I hope you hang in good luck!

• Of you love them you can try by dating other people I have and can't get over mine and it's been 5 years and still can't get over him. Tho he hurt me before found out he got married and was expecting a baby. That broke me into pieces but yet still not over him tho he's no longer with that person. She left him and she didn't had a baby. After all

• I liked a guy for two years. I even thought I was in love with him. I couldn't eat or sleep and I thought about him 24/7. He flirted with me, we hung out all the time, he even jokingly said he loved me. I think he liked me back but eventually he just stopped giving me any of his time.

So over the summer I tried to get over him. I did- for like a week, then I started thinking about him again. Anytime I try to stop he comes back to my mind. I think its a really long process. If its more than just a crush it will take time. You have to force yourself to not think about her.

• i think you just need to try and flirt with other girls too and get your mind off of her.. a quote i love says when someone rejects you you should really not feel sad because after all you lost someone who didn't love you she lost someone who loved her the lost is all hers.. so move on

• Oh I'm sure there are a lot more girls you can find prettier than her and worthy. Just keep looking!:)

What Guys Said 9

• There are 2 options:
    a.) Find another girl.
    or
    b.) Find some awesome online video game, especially if it's MMORPG. You'll forget about women in no time.

• I know the feeling buddy. It's hard to just get over someone you like and it's not that simple. However, if you don't talk anymore, that's a good start. Go do something to occupy your time to where you won't be thinking about her. Learn to play a guitar, get a gym membership, do something that interests you and make a hobby. It takes time but it will happen and you'll end up meeting up girls anyway. Keep your head up and good luck.

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Nothing You Can Do To Just Get Over Her In A Blink Of An Eye, Time Is The Key Factor & Along With Time Do Things That Make You Happy. Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

• From my experience when you have someone that you truly deeply deeply love you never get over you kind of have to compartmentalize it and put it in the back your head and just deal with it so I wish there was an easier way to deal with it. PLURR

• It's the old cliché, time. It sucks but in time you'll find someone else.

• What you do is, you take a pic of them over to a photo kiosk and print out a good poster size of it. Hang it up on your wall, get a sharpie and draw funny crap all over their face. Then go buy some darts

• Two things time and/or a new girl.

• im currently in this same situation lol

• Get out the laptop and just fap to your hearts content