Why do I feel bad for wanting to cut my ex out of my life?

He's a jerk and he hurt my feelings. Why should I want to stay friends with him? Oh right, it has a whole bunch to do with when we were breaking up he was all, "I don't believe in cutting people out of my life no matter what they do to me... so I would never cut you out from my life, you can always contact me whenever you want."
Is being friends with an ex really nessecary? I mean, eventually maybe someday I might want to befriend him... but I actually would rather not. So why do I personally feel guilty for deleting him from facebook, twitter, etc,
Updates:
I just want to know that it's okay that I do... for now anyways

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you always needed him more than he needed you. Part of breaking up, is having no communication with your ex and simply moving on to other things in life. You feel bad because your the good one here with the feelings for him. He's the one that ruin his chance with you, but he knows that you still want to stay in touch one way or another. At the end its your choice, but remember ms, be very cautious with this.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been in your shoes in a way worse situation I cut my ex off and he was suicidal and very dependent on me but I realized that he was mind fucking me and using his depression to keep me around but I could not save him nor could I be dragged down anymore not to mention he did not appreciate me trying to be friends with me after our breakup he felt like he had some power and I took it back. I had to accept that whatever could happen after cutting him off was not my fault. I tried to hang in ther but my own life felt threatened while he would be threatening his own life. Letting go is hard I still cared about him even though he was sick and twisted I knew he needed help but there was nothing I could do. I told his mother about his suicidal thoughts she said she would get him help but I think she took that with a grain of salt. Many months later his new gf found me on Facebook asking for advice because she was afraid of him. He sucked her just like he did me and she was afraid and felt bad because she wanted to be there for him but I told her run for the ills. Turns out he was planning on trying to go to her house to hurt her I happen to be checking his Twitter and he was tweeting about it. I contacted her and she got a restraining order on him. My ex was a psycho but even if he was not I don't think its healthy holding on to someone staying friends you might not ever truly get over them and move on. Maturity is moving on and its ok to feel bad but its necessary for the both of you to heal.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, You Feel Bad Because Your Making That Decision With Your Heart & Not Your Head, Change That A$AP. You Will Feel Better Over Time But Well Worth It...

0|0
    0|0
  • Well because they say you're supposed to "date your friend". If you break up, and cutting him out of your life, we're you ever even friend sin the first place. You feel bad because you feel cheated

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• omg I feel the same way. like we broke up a month ago, next day I wanted him back but he said he'd think about it for days and came up with that he wanted to focus on school. he told me that over text, the next day I went to his house to give him stuff he had given me. he looked at me with such anger. but now im over it and I kind of miss him and regret completely cutting him off. I drive by his street sometimes on my way to work (not because I want to) and look over. ha, as if he's going to be outside.. -__-

0|0
    0|0
  • You feel guilty because you have feelings but it's ok to not feel guilty.

1|0
    0|0
    • Is it immature to delete him from my facebook? Is it okay, that I really want to try and move on? I feel like this is a part of it.

Recommended myTakes