Does anyone else feel physically sick when thinking of an ex that hurt them?

Since I found out that my ex had cheated on me, I feel physically sick and repulsed every time I think of her. It's a really horrible feeling, and I hope it goes away soon since it's been a month already.

Has anyone else had the same experience? If so, how long did it take to get over it?

6 months :/
The relationship was 6 months. It has been almost 3 months since the breakup, and 24 days since I found out about the cheating.

81

Most Helpful Girl

• I do actually </3 its awful and it feels like someone is wrenching my heart with their own hands... it means that she meant a lot to you... that to you she was your everything, How long were you two together? If you dont mind me asking...

• Couldn't have said it better.

• You have so many things going for you, she threw away a diamond for a rock <---keep that in mind, it'll help. As for her being still in your mind, time heals all wounds. You'll be with a much better, loyal woman in no time at all. You did a really good thing by cutting off all contact with her, and i definitely agree that your main focus should be your company for now :) Good luck

• thnx for MHO, glad i was of help :-)

What Girls Said 7

• Nope! Maybe I'm still too young but if they don't want me it's a two way street. I like to take things slow. Fewer surprises.

• Even taking things slow has its surprises. :/ Be warned that guys and girls can't be friends.

• you got to stop thinking he's a good person. just think of a big ole fat turd. focus.. come on. he's a turd. why do you want to be with a turd?

• I've been emotionally hurt by my ex he cheated on me with another girl it was right on Facebook I saw the pic and I was so sad and so mad. I don't know why he couldn't just step up the plate and tell me. I think cheating in a relationship shows that you aren't mature or maybe responsible enough to be in a relationship. Like why cheat, and I wonder everyday why men cheat probably because they can't be happy with who they are with. It hurt me a lot, it was like a slap in the face I couldn't believe my eyes.

• A woman cheated in my case ;)
      I myself am a loyal guy. I will not compromise my integrity for as long as I love someone. There are guys like me out there, we are just a little harder to find :)

• Tell me about it, I'm in school now just got back in like a week ago I'm a junior in high school. I can't stand players and I can't stand cheaters which is why I've taken a break from dating. All I want right now is a guy friend and that's it someone I can tell my problems to and stuff nothing special, I've been emotionally hurt and my heart has been played with so many times that I wonder if I'll ever fall in love again? Least I'm not alone but I've healed of course and am so proud of myself. Guys at my school are so immature I wish there was guys at my school like you that weren't so hard to find. I have school to focus on so no falling in love for me just yet, I don't know when I'll start dating again but it won't just right this minute

• Yes!!! My ex is in my class.. He was so mean to me, and really screwed me over..

Whenever I accidentally think of him/when he says something in the class I get nauseaus and want to puke all over the place !:(

• yeah, i think it happens to everyone. it showes you cared. but you know what? some people stop caring so they dont feel like this again, that is a dangerous path, dont do that.

• Yes I know that feeling my ex cheated on me too

• Yep I know exactly how you feel , it's horrid. But give it time, it will fade and karma will hit them.

What Guys Said 1

• If your update is saying it has now been six months, then we're way over the top. A month, yeah probably ok if the betrayal was deep enough. But now you'd be just dwelling, stuck in the rage phase where you cannot accept that she did this and got away with it, maybe asking yourself over and over again 'what is wrong with our society' and so forth.

If you are that obsessive over one chick out of 2.5 billion, then you might want to talk to someone professional, or at least knowledgeable.

So to makes sure i've covered all bases. One month, maybe a tiny bit longer ok. Six months, not at all.

• Check the recent update :)

• I'm sorry, all i see as an update is a mysterious '6 months'. I have no clue what that means. In any event i stand by my post above.