How do you get over a broken heart?

I've been with this guy off and on for 5 years. He's watched me grow from girl into woman. We have a two year old son together. It is evident that we are just not meant for each other. I feel like our souls are connected and it's very hard to move on completely. I'm not afraid of being alone, I just hate the long grueling healing process. If there's anyone who's been in my situation even a little, male or female, please give me some tips to make the healing process go by faster. Time does not heal all wounds.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what to say, just focus on your children is my best recommendation.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, You Say "Time Does Not Heal All Wounds" Cause Enough Time Hasn't Passed, Look, It's Hard For You Because Deep Down You haven't Completely Let Him Go, Your Body & Sadly Your Heart Is Still Into Him, You Have To Fight Those Feelings & Realize You Can Do Better...

0|0
    0|0
  • You just go out and get banged, ASAP.
    Then you keep on keeping on. Most times it's a waste of effort looking for reasons that it happened. If there were reasons, you'd already know about it and have had some chance to fix them.
    You do get over it, and it won't take 5 years.

0|0
    1|0
  • Having made such a great emotional investment, can take everything out of you when it's over, oddly enough this particular circumstance is not isolated to relationships alone, I say this because I just finished my Masters degree, and feel similarly drained. However this really doesn't answer your question. The best advice I can give you, is to give yourself some time to recover, and then when you feel ready you should keep your eyes open to a new (and better) relationship. Through this process you will not only have a better idea of what it is you want, but how it is you want to be treated, in this new (and better) relationship, you will find that your wounded heart will heal, and heal stronger with the new love you have found. Keep your chin up and know that there are more souls out there you can make a connection with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in the exact situation as you are except that I dont have children And I am trying to do get over her but nothing seems to work. People tell me that time heals everything but to be honest with you the opposite is happening to me. As time goes on I miss her more. My advice for you is to go talk to guys and get attention from them and that will keep your mind off of him. Also, learn to be by yourself and try not to look back there's millions of guys out there that will make you happier. So start talking to other guys and spend lots of time with your friends and keep your mind busy at all times. That's all I can say. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Lemme be the one to nurse ur broken heart?

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes