Is it bad that I keep reaching out?

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. We are not meant for each other but I still love and care for him. Even though I dont wanna be with him anymore, his life means something to me. he's surrounded by so much negative that all I wanted was to be something positive in his life. Even though we broke up, everytime I think of something, I text. Is that bad? Its not a "begging to be with him text", its more of a " do positive, dont ruin ur life" text. Should I just stop? Should I just move on and stop finding reasons to stay in contact? He ignores me anyways. Lol

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I went through this with my ex. I broke up with her and tried to keep in contact but she wouldn't have it. I assume he is angry and hurt. When I would speak to her about things and try to be there for her, she would start flipping out saying I abandoned her. Sometimes they just need time to get clarity and lose the anger. I wouldn't continue contacting him for now. Let him work through his feelings and just keep positive thoughts for him. It's hard to do but it helps both sides work through all the emotions that come with a break up.

• I do know he is angry with me. So maybe thats why he's not responding. I guess ill just leave him be and hopefully he reaches out.

• Your not dumb, your just hurting over it and reaching out. I would discontinue contacting him. Take time away to analyze the entire relationship, good and bad. Then try and think about this isn't healthy in a relationship. You have to stand up for yourself because if you don't, you will be worked over. You did the right thing but don't keep contacting him. Let him work on his feelings before doing anything.

• Ok.. Thanks