Do you think its possible to fall out of love?

If we are truly in love, then do we ever truly fall out of love? Or do we just forget how that person once made us feel? Opinions?

• Totally possible to fall out of love!
  • Nope, love is forever!

43

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a long process but it's possible. For example if a person changes, you can fall out of love easier in some cases. Think about it, how many people do you know have good communications with their exes. Their love dissolved. However there are so many different types of love, and I really like this saying 'If you truly love someone you either always do or never did'. In some ways I think you have to have the ability to learn to love someone.

• I feel like that saying is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

What Guys Said 3

• Everybody Is Different, Some People Still Love Their Ex Even After Many Years, Others Tend To Lose All Love In A Long Or Short Period Of Time...

• People don't fall in love with people. They fall in love with emotions that a person makes us feel. As soon as we stop feeling those emotions, we fall out of love. Love is and always has been conditional.

• You can easily fall out of love. I don't love any of my exes anymore, and I was deffinetly in love with them at some point.

What Girls Said 3

• I fell out of love with my ex of course. I guess people change and her surely did. He mistreated me, disrespected me, led me on and then left me so I felt used afterwards. For some people its possible to fall out of love or maybe you lose feelings for them or they changed for the worse. You can't force someone to love you and I think that's what my ex was trying to do. And I was trying to force myself to fall in love with him when I should've just walked away. I know everything happens for a reason but sometimes I wish I knew what that reason was. And maybe people don't change maybe they just reveal who they really are.

• Yes it is possible when they stop caring, showing affection or doing stupid things like cheating for example, we can fall out of love.

• I think it depends on the situation, and on personal strength. The first and last person I was in love with mistreated me. And as much as I hate them, there's still a part of me that loves them. And I just think it's because I love really hard; and also because I don't know when or if I'll ever fall in love again. But I think it's possible to fall out of love when you have someone that you can refocus your love on; or if something bad happened and you refuse to let what happened get pushed aside by the love you have... I don't know about falling out of love with someone who loved you back; that's never happened to me. But I think it can happen, it just takes longer.