He says he still wants to be with me but not now?

My boyfriend just broke up with me because he says he's working too much and has to much on his plate. We are currently long-distance and he says with him working and being so far away, he can't handle this relationship. He says it is only temporary but when i asked if it was a break he said it was a break up. I don't want to be with anyone else yet i dont want to feel like im just waiting around for him. What should i do?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• When you asked if this was a break up he went straight to the point, I think he said it was temporary at first just so you wouldn`t take it as hard if he would break up with you after a couple of days/weeks of little to no communication. This way you might have expected a break up to follow and not take it as hard.
    It sucks when you have deep feelings for someone and you hear these things following with a break up, but it sounds like he this relationship isn`t as important for him as it is for you. You could talk with him some more, but I don`t think it would do any good. Maybe it`s better to let it go and focus on a future without him, there are enough guys who are just as sweet as your loved one and may have more time to spend with you without a long distance relationship.
    I wish you the best.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't wait around for him, AND don't be with anyone else until you're ready. Don't let him keep you on the fishing line, so to speak. An ex of mine did this once as well. And basically, it was code for, "I can't handle what this commitment entails. I want to be able to hook up with other people if I want. But I still want to know you're waiting around for me in case I miss you and want you back because I still have feelings for you."

I know it hurts, but he's made his decision, and you'll only get more hurt in the long run if you hold yourself back waiting around for him. He's going to be getting out there and living his life, and possibly dating new women. You deserve to be someone's first choice who doesn't feel that commitment to you is too much work. If that's not him, on to the next. Sitting around waiting for him to change his mind will do no good.

• From a guy's point of view, this is absolutely right! PLUS, he could have found someone local, and wants to keep you on the side for when he's in town. Let it go, and move on.