Why is my ex so upset that I don't want to stay friends with him?

My ex broke up with me after 7 months - he said that our lives were going in different directions and he just wasn't "feeling it" anymore. Strangely, he kept trying to stay in contact, wanting to hang out and telling me how much he loved being with me and cares for me. I told him that he hurt me and that I wanted to make a clean break. He was upset and begged me to change my mind. I have NEVER wanted to hang out and be friends with someone I just dumped! I think it's so selfish... thoughts please?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a case of wanting a cake and eating it too. Staying friends with an ex is sometimes possible, but only if both parties are comfortable with it. In this case, he should just let it go with dignity.