Does pride tend to take over with guys?

I left my ex because he was very disrespectful towards me and never appreciated the things I have done for him. When I left he put the blame on me and called me crazy. Since then I haven't heard from him. Two weeks after I left he gets in a relationship with someone else. I'm so angry because he never even apologized. Do you think his pride got in the way?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• You she pride is something that get's in the way of everybody and pride is directly linked to fear. The problem is we get hurt because of something doesn't really matter what usually it's an argument that should have taken a different turn meaning it should have been talked about not argued about. Then because of an argument feelings get hurt and because we're naturally scared of getting hurt our pride kicks in and we go into defensive mode. Now the problem is nothing good ever comes out of this except more hurt feelings right? Just think about it two people how have feelings towards each other start talking but get arguing then break up and then both of them are angry with each other. Then they start doing stuff that's supposed to show the other person that they're really great when they're in fact not. So in the end the person that's able to put their pride aside might be able to turn the other person too and smooth things out. The sooner the better I say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to say yes, definitely. Too much ego