I messed up and caused a jealous scene at an event :(?

I messed up big time. At my friend’s wedding on Saturday, both me and another friend were bridesmaids. Everyone in the bridal party was up sitting at our table before we got called to eat. My friend, we’ll call her Ann, she was over where her fiancé and my boyfriend and two of the other bridesmaid’s boyfriends were sitting. Two bridesmaids I was sitting with kept saying she was hitting on the guys there (including one of the bridesmaids boyfriends) then said she was hitting on mine. I have been insecure with her and my boyfriend before and had a bit too much to drink. When we got called up to go get food, I went over and confronted my boyfriend about it. I guess everyone heard me accusing him of wanting to go leave with her. Then Ann came up to me and was asking wtf was going on. I kept pulling away from her saying it wasn’t the time to talk about it. She ended up leaving with her fiancé. Me and another bridesmaid tried to get them to stay but she gave us the finger and left.

My boyfriend and I didn’t talk really the rest of the night. I tried to apologize after I realized that I f—ed up. I should have never said anything to him. I didn’t see them flirting at all with my own eyes, and just on impulse started an issue that wasn’t even there.

I ended up having to stay in another bridesmaids trailer with her and her boyfriend. My boyfriend must’ve left sometime before the morning. Needless to say, he wants nothing to do with me now. This is not the first time I have caused an issue after drinking by having jealousy issues. I have no idea what to do. I have a lump in my throat and just want to go back in time and do everything so different.. I am crazy and he doesn’t deserve to be stuck with me.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have tried to apologize to both him and Ann. So far no responses. I wouldn’t blame either of them for never talking to me again. I think I’ve really crossed the line now. I just don't know what to do.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I am very familiar with your situation, sweetie, and let me tell you why. I have a sister, who since 13, has been a drinker, on and off throughout her life and even now as I write this----Still drinking to beat the band. She has made scenes with family in restaurants, causes strife in our family with her rude and crude antics and actions And---Big mouth------And even has set the 'Other side' after her, and with this I mean----Cops, Bosnians in a gang, and even was let go of a few jobs, estranged from time to time from family and friends, and even with me----The jealousy shows up like a cat on a hot tin roof.
    It's been hard to deal with for many years, and her husband even now does nothing but Enable her. It's easier for him than putting up with her pie eyed problem.
    I am telling you this because you are still young, but never too 'Young' Nor Old to learn from someone who knows what it's like to have someone in your life---Cross the line.
    I feel for you, like I do for my sister, and I think, so there is no more problems in the future, that if it is All possible, get some help for your drinking, so life can be a bit Easier for you, and no one has the cause to stop------Talking to me again.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, it will just want you to pick up a bottle and drown all your sorrows. My sister does it every day, and even with a good man, a good life, it's just a 'problem' now, rather than an 'Afternoon delight.'
    Give things some time. You have done all the "I'm sorry's" you can for now. Give them both a chance to cool down, and if you don't hear a response, you can try again pushing another button to tell them again how you feel. If no one forgives you, if no one wants to hear it, then you will know it is an issue that Must be dealt with very soon. And even if one or Both do return in response, you will also know you have a true blue forgiving bf, along with a non fair weather friend, to be beside you as you go for some godly guidance.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for this. I do know now that my boyfriend loves me as he said he loves me and doesn't want to lose me over this.. I don't know how I got so lucky. The friend, she doesn't seem to be very forgiving.. her night was ruined and I feel like a fool for that still. now I'm just trying to pick up the pieces and take it as a really big lesson.. Thank you xx

• You're so welcome, sweetie, thank you for allowing me to help. I am so very happy that your boyfriend is the forgiving kind and that he will surely stick with you through thick and thin. However, it's still early so don't give up on the friend, although I know myself, another lesson here, that like in my family a bunch of grudge bearers, and perhaps she may be one herself. If that is the case, then let her go, for at least you have the main drain who is the loyal one who will stick it out, no matter what. Good luck, God bless... xx

What Guys Said 3

• Sometimes when we don't learn things the easy way, we have to learn them the hard way. This is your time to learn the hard way.

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, The Damage Is Done & All You Can Do Is Learn From Your Mistakes Regardless If He Gives You Another Chance Or Not, Next Time A Situation Like That Happens You Need To Control Yourself...

• Somethings are not fixable. This sounds like it is the final straw for your long suffering boyfriend.

What Girls Said 2

• Because this isn't an isolated incident I'd say there is nothing you can do. Move on and maybe stop drinking.

• You made this scene at someone's wedding and you're worried about your BOYFRIEND. If you were my bridesmaid I would never speak to you again. Ever. Fuck your bf, you need to apologize to the bride/groom.