How do you end an unhappy relationship when your family and friends are enter-twined and that is your main reason for staying together?

My bf and I have been together for 12 years, since highschool basically. We've been off and on, got engaged and are planning a wedding. I thought all along it's what I wanted and it is, but I recently realized this is not what he wanted. And then I realized I was only expecting this from him because we've been together for so long.

A few of the reasons why I can't end it is because there isn't really anything wrong. I'm comfortable, WE'RE comfortable. It's been so long. And all of our siblings are friends, our friends are friends, our cousins are friends. Everybody in our lives know each other and are all friends. It's like we've become one great big family.

How do you break away from that? I couldn't ever stand it if I saw him with another girl, and I'd have to face that if we broke up because I would still see him. I don't think he'd want to see me with other guys either. Even though I don't think he loves me he's still possessive.

I've become unhappy because my friends say "well make a list of what you want in a man and see if he has those qualities" and I'm like "well how do I know what I want in a man when he's the only man I've ever dated?"

I don't know what I want in a man and I realize I'm only getting married to him because it's what I expected, but I never thought about if he was RIGHT for me and he isn't. We fight so much about stupid things (he's always playing video games and it makes me really mad), we've been on-again off-again for 12 years.

What do I do?

01

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, All You Can Do Is Set Your Emotions Aside, Make The Decision To Do It With Your Head & Not Your Heart, It Will Be Tough, TRUST ME, But Over Time You Will Feel Better, Time Is A Key Factor After A Break-Up...