Get girlfriend back after anxiety attack?

I had been seeing this girl all summer long. We were taking it slow, and she was acting like she was very into me. We had agreed to a date for one weekend, and she seemed excited.

I was going through a massive lifestyle change, I was giving up a high paying job that was leaving me unfulfilled to go back to graduate school. The money situation was scaring me, and I began to feel extremely stressed. I found myself crying for no reason, and I began to break down. I hadn't been telling her anything about how stressed I really was.

The next day, I ended up telling her I wasn't sure I could make it to the date, and I had some financial things I needed to deal with first. She told me she didn't like how I sounded, and was going to give me space to deal with my situation. I panicked once again, and I thought I had done something wrong. Over the next two days, I proceeded to blow up her phone, trying to straighten out the situation. In the end, she told me she knew I had been trying to contact her, and she was more comfortable as friends. I think I overwhelmed her.

I feel like shit. I lost control of my emotions and I scared her off. I have been seeing a psychologist, and together we figured out that I had been having anxiety attacks. Its been a week, and I have since learned to manage the attacks and I feel much better.

I have to encounter this girl at school. I want to apologize, but I dont know how, or even when. I want to be able to salvage something of our relationship. What can I do?

11